Chapter 16: A Date with the Undertaker

Sebastian POV

I knew we had arrived in London by the look on Aviva's face. Her face lit up, she looked like a child on Christmas morning. She put her hand on the window and was just...beaming. She was so excited. It was her first time in London after all. We reached the shop and the carriage stopped suddenly, making Aviva fall forward. Ciel sighed and I helped her back to her seat. I could see her blushing.

I stepped out of the carriage and let Ciel out first. I offered her my hand and she took it, practically jumping out of the carriage. I sent Tanaka off and led my master and Miss Aviva into the shop, the bell ringing as I opened the door.

"Ah, Lord Phantomhive! To what do I owe the honour?" The seamstress called as we entered.

"This is my new maid, Aviva. She needs some uniforms." He said motioning to Miss Faye.

"Very well! Come with me dearie, we'll get started!" She said pulling her into a back room. Miss Aviva turned back to try and say something but didn't have the chance. I looked down at my young master and motioned for me to go get the seamstress. I went and knocked on the door to the backroom.

"Yes? Oh, how can I help you?" She said looking at the butler.

"Please tell Aviva we'll meet her back here in an hour and that she may go where she pleases but to be back here." Ciel told her.

"Will do, my lord." She said before disappearing behind the door.

"Now young master, let us go get your new cane." I said leading him out of the shop.

"I still don't understand how Finny could accidentally break a cane." He said, annoyed.

Aviva POV

It didn't take too long to get measured. I was very grateful that Ciel allowed me to go where I needed. I walked out of the backroom and thanked the seamstress.

"Anytime dearie! Just remember to be back here in an hour." She said leading me out.

"Do you know which way the Undertaker would be?" I asked her.

"Go left then it'll be on the third street in the left." She said pointing.

"Thank you!" I said before leaving the store.

I made my out of the store and into the streets of London. I was in awe. I still couldn't believe I was here. I walked towards the Undertaker, just looking at the world passing around me. I was passing a small alleyway when I heard a small mew. I stopped, if I had cat ears they would have shot up like a rocket. I slowly made my way into the alley but stopped when a tiny kitten walked in front of me. It looked up at me and meowed. I gasped and awed, picking up the small cat. I held it in my arms like a baby.

"You're coming with me." I told it gently before starting to walk back to the Undertaker. After some time, I made a left to find it. I stared at the sign, nervous to go inside. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door.

It was dark, dusty, and scattered with coffins. I heard a laugh and wood creaking behind me. I quickly turned around and saw nothing. I sighed and turned back to the front but jumped out of my skin when I found myself face to face with the Undertaker.

"I've been expecting you dear." He said putting his arm around me and pushing me to the front of a coffin. "Now..." He said helping me up to sit on the coffin, before disappearing. I crossed my legs so my little kitten could rest in my lap. "What can I do for you, my little flower?" He asked coming back with tea...in science beakers.

"I was hoping you could help me, Undertaker." I said putting the cup beside me.

"With what my dear?" He said sitting in a coffin facing me.

"Why am I here?" I asked petting the kitten. "I don't belong in this world. Who brought me here?" I asked him.

"I'm afraid I can not tell you that, flower. But just know of was for the best." He told me. I sighed. "Can I ask you a question, my dear?" He said standing up, getting closer to me. I nodded. "If you had the chance to go back home...would you take it?" He asked, gently taking a strand of my hair. I was a bit surprised by the question but didn't even have to think about it.

"Absolutely not. I mean...if I could go and come back here I would. There are just some things I'd like to bring back with me." I said looking at him. Suddenly the door burst open, startling us. In a flash Sebastian had pinned the Undertaker to the wall, one hand gripping his throat. The Undertaker giggled.

"Sebastian!" I shouted, getting to my feet, holding the kitten close.

"What did he do to you?!" He growled. I was...scared. I was actually scared.  Not like our conversation a few days ago, when he was purposely trying to intimidate me. I was genuinely scared of Sebastian right now.

"Well?!" I looked behind me and saw Ciel. He looked...angry.

"What did he do?!" Sebastian's eyes were glowing pink, not taking his eyes off the Undertaker.

"He didn't do anything!" I said looking to Ciel then Sebastian. "We were just talking, I swear!" I said to Ciel. I gulped and turned back to Sebastian. He let the Undertaker go and he fell to the floor laughing. Sebastian walked back to me. He looked down at me with his bright pink eyes with slitted pupils. I panicked and ran to the Undertaker to make sure he was ok. I helped him back to his feet and he thanked me. Sebastian's face went from anger to...he looked sad. Was it because I ran from him? His eyes turned back to normal. Ciel sneezed a few times.

"Don't tell me there's a cat in here." He said. I froze. A small mew came from my arms and I closed my eyes, scrunching up my face. Dammit. I sighed and opened my eyes. Sebastian was inches away from me. I whimpered and started shaking. Wait, I forgot. He loves cats! I relaxed realizing he was just fawning over the kitten in my arms. I looked at Ciel pleadingly.

"There's no way we're taking that back to the manor." I said pointing to the cat with his new cane. I looked down sadly then back up to the Undertaker.

"Would you take care of him?" I asked hopeful. He could see from my eyes that I was silently begging. He carefully took the kitten from my arms and scratched his ears with his long nail. The little kitten purred and I smiled.

"On one condition." He said holding up a finger.

"Anything!" I said.

"You come visit us," he said holding up the kitten. "Whenever you can." He said grinning. I smiled and threw my arms around his neck, hugging him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said before kissing his cheek.

"Let's go Aviva." Ciel said before turning to leave, Sebastian followed him out of the shop.

"Wait! What about my vision?" I asked the Undertaker.

"Don't be scared of them flower, they will keep occurring. They will be very useful." He said looking down at me. I heard Ciel shouting for me.

"Coming!" She called. She kissed the kitten's head then ran after them. "Bye, Undertaker! Thank you!" She said before leaving his shop.