Chapter 24: The Scene

(Time skip to the crime scene)
Aviva POV

Ciel, Sebastian, and I made our way through the crowd surrounding the crime scene. Madame Red, Grell, and Lau stayed with the crowd while the three of us approached Abberline.

"Sorry, my boy. I'm afraid a crime scene like this is no place for a child. Nor a young lady. Now, why don't you just run along home." Abberline said looking down at Ciel.

"I'm here to see the victim's body." Ciel told him.

"The body?! Surely you're kidding me!" He said astounded.

"Abberline!" We heard coming from behind him. "Well if it isn't Lord Phantomhive. What are you doing here?" Sir Arthur said, annoyed he was here.

"You know this kid, sir?" Abberline asked turning to him.

"I'm here to help, sir Arthur. It seems your investigation is dragging a bit." Ciel said smugly, holding up his letter from the queen. "You know who sent me, of course." Ciel said before taking the papers out of Abberline's hands. "It seems you haven't found any major clues yet." Ciel sais before Arthur took the papers back.

"We at Scotland Yard are more than capable of handling this case, I assure you. There's no need for you to interfere." He said aggravated.

"Splendid. Shall we go, Aviva? Sebastian?" Ciel said before walking back to Madame Red and Lau.

"Yes, sir." Sebastian and I said, following him.

"Now what, dear?" Madame Red asked, following us.

"Now we go see someone who might prove useful." Ciel said without looking back.

"My lord! You mean-" Lau said before he was cut off.

"Yes. Indeed." Ciel said coldly. I gasped and got excited when I realized who he meant.

We walked for a bit until we reached the Undertaker. I was excited and ran inside, leaving everyone else in front of his shop.

"Undertaker?" I called out. "Don't you scare me again!" I said into the seemingly empty room. I heard wood creaking and turned to an opening coffin.

"Very well, flower." He said slowly stepping out. I smiled and hugged him. He hugged back giggling.

"Where is he?" I asked, walking with him.

"Hm. Where's who?" He said sarcastically, knowing exactly who I meant.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about Undertaker. Did you give him a name? Where is he?" I said stepping in front him. He laughed.

"Adrian. He is in the back, my flower." He said grinning. I smiled brightly and clapped before running to the back.

I went back and found him. The cat I brought in last time I was here. He saw me and meowed at me. "Hi, baby boy!" I said going up to him. He ran to me and rubbed against my leg. I picked him up and snuggled him. "Is that scary Mr. Undertaker treating you well?" I cooed at the kitten. He just purred and purred.

Third Person POV

The five walked in and the Undertaker creepily came out of a coffin. He scared the wits out of Madame Red, Grell, and Lau. Ciel and Sebastian looked at each other, noticing Aviva wasn't in sight.

"Where is she, Undertaker?" Ciel asked.

"Where is who, my little lord?" He said chuckling, trying to stir up trouble.

"Would you rather me send Sebastian after you again?" He asked, getting impatient. Thankfully, he didn't have to. Aviva heard voices coming from the other room and walked out holding the cat.

"Undertaker, are you causing trouble?" She said walking towards him. He just laughed and shrugged. She shook her head at the Undertaker.

Aviva POV

I ran up to Sebastian to show him my kitten. Well...Undertaker's kitten. I just had a huge smile plastered on my face. Everyone went around trying to make the Undertaker laugh. I can't even repeat Madame Red's story. Sebastian told us he got it and we all left the building. We all stood outside, awkwardly waiting for something to happen. Then a scary, shouting cackling. The entire building shook and the Undertaker's sign fell off the front of the building. The front door creaked open.

"Please do come back in now. I believe he'll tell us everything we want to know." Sebastian said giving his closed eyes smile.

We all walked back in. I walked to the Undertaker and he helped me into an open coffin. I sat inside and played with my little kitten. I wasn't even listening until I heard Sebastian's voice.

"He did it on a road that was public, though not high traffic. Wouldn't an amateur have a difficult time carrying out such a complicated procedure quickly enough?" He said, not taking his eyes off the Undertaker.

All I could do was sit and watch...for now. I just have to sit back and watch Ciel and Sebastian figure it out for themselves. I knew everything else that was going on so I just focused on Adrian. I looked up briefly and made eye contact with Sebastian. I could tell he was upset about not being able to play with Adrian. After a few minutes, it was time for us to go. I kissed Adrian and handed him back to the Undertaker. I waved to the two as I left.

There wasn't much room for me in the carriage, so I sat up front with Grell. I was SUPER unsettled and really tense. He was fine now, but I was not looking forward to him going to his normal self. His crazy Sebastian obsessed self. I heard the carriage door open. I looked and saw Sebastian about to leave. I smirked at him before he ran off. He was off to find suspects. Oh, I can't wait to see everyone's faces when we get back to the townhouse!