Chapter 33: Stitches

Third person POV

After their training session, Aviva went back to preform her normal chores. Sebastian cleaned up the targets and went back to his normal duties. After cleaning for a bit, Aviva went to go find Sebastian. She felt bad about cutting his coat and shirt. And getting blood on them. She walked around the townhouse for a little but couldn't find him anywhere. She huffed and put her hands on her hips.

"Sebastian?" She called for him.

"You called, Miss Aviva?" He said appearing behind her. She jumped and turned around.

"Stop doing that!" She said as he smirked. She looked down and saw he hadn't changed...or tended to his wound. "What is the matter with you?" She said before picking up his arm and looking at his arm. She grabbed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen.

She sat him at the table and he just looked at her confused. She left him for a minute to grab a first aid kit. She walked back to him carrying the box and stopped in front of him.

"Take your coat and shirt off, please." She said.

Sebastian POV

"I'm sorry?" I said. Is she serious?

"You heard me." She said, sassily. Does she enjoy testing me? She should know better than to test a demon.

"You want me to take my clothes off?" I asked her. What is she playing at?

"Yes." She said bluntly.

"And why should I?" I asked her.

"Just..." She said frustrated. "Please, Sebastian?" She asked, her tone softening.

"Very well." I said. I decided I would go along with whatever she was doing.

I began taking off my coat and she looked away. I kept noticing small glances towards me. I laid my coat down on the table and began taking my shirt off. I looked up at Miss Aviva and...she's blushing. Is she truly blushing at me undressing? Interesting. I smirked and laid my shirt on my coat. She sat down next to me and took my injured arm. I had neglected to clean and properly bandage it. She opened the kit, put in on the table, and went to the sink. She dampened a small towel and came back and started cleaning my arm. For god's sake. I'm a demon I can handle a mere stab wounds. However I could tell she wouldn't let this go, so I just let her work.

She started disinfected the stab wound and I noticed how focused she was. And how...confident she seemed in what she was doing. Interesting. Does she have any medical training? Don't tell me she thinks she is going to give me stitches. That would just be ridiculous.

"Now I normally would give an injury like this stitches but..." She said but paused for a moment. Did she know I was thinking about stitches? That's not possible. "Since you're a demon this will heal quickly." She said briefly looking up at me before bandaging my arm. "There." She said sitting back. "All done." She said proud of her work. Miss Aviva grabbed my shirt and coat and stood up. "I will have these cleaned and mended within the hour." She said before leaving me in the kitchen.

She left me alone in the kitchen. I looked down at my arm. She knows it will heal quickly...yet she practically persisted on treated my stab wound. Which she gave me. It would seem she truly...cares for me. It would make sense. Nothing I have done or said has changed the way she sees me. She is so kind to me. Then again I have only seen her be kind to every person she meets. I can see rooms brighten when she enters. Peoples' demeanours change when she is around them. How? How can a mere mortal change environments so naturally? Change how people act? I can sense nothing other-worldly of her. That got me thinking...where did she come from? She has never mentioned her past. She claims she doesn't know how she arrived at the manor. But...why do I want to know? What is it about her that so intriguing? If I wish to know I should just ask her.

Aviva POV

I left the kitchen and holy fuck I saw him shirtless. Oh my god. I quickly went back to my room and found a small sewing kit. I do feel bad about stabbing him. Boy was he not expecting that. I'm nervous about tonight. I have to able to protect Ciel, but I'm afraid of getting in the way of what is supposed to happen. I decided I would sew up his shirt and coat first before cleaning the blood. I didn't want to rip up the sleeves while washing them. I made my way to the laundry room. I sat down and starting sewing up Sebastian's shirt sleeve. When I finished on the shirt I worked on his coat. Not gonna lie, I was enjoying this. I love sewing and knitting. Back in college I hand embroidered designs on my lab coat. Some dinosaurs, bees, cacti, and my name. I went to the sink and started washing the blood off Sebastian's shirt.

A thought occurred to me. Whatever work I do here is...with love. It makes sense. Before I lost momma she always told me I had so much love to give to the world. And now I have a new family to love. I have a wonderful sister, a cheerful loving brother, a bratty but secretly sweet brother, Tanaka is basically everyone's grandad, and Bard is...well he's the closest thing I've got to a dad here. He's old enough to be my dad! I would be proud to call him my father. And Sebastian is...well he's...I guess all I can say is that he's Sebastian. I mean...that's really it. He's Sebastian. He's the tall, dark, and hands-dark! Dark. He's dark! Tall, dark demon who is going to eventually consume my boss's soul. I can't hold it against him, though. No matter how much it might it hurt me. It's in his nature. He is a demon after all. But...why does he treat me differently? I finished cleaning his shirt and moved to his coat. He doesn't treat me just as another servant to Ciel. Was Finny right when he said I was Sebastian's favourite person here? He would never stop in the middle of working to talk with Mey-rin, Finny, or Bard about their interests. Unless ordered to. And yet we talked for hours. About music and theatre! I mean I'm not complaining, I loved our conversation! It's been so long since I had an actual conversation about stuff like that with someone. I truly had a lovely time. I enjoy my time with Sebastian. For a demon, he sure does act strange. I heard footsteps and turned around. Speak of the devil!

"Hi Sebastian!" I said as he walked up to me. I turned the water off.

"Once you finish please join me in salon. There is something I wish to discuss with you." He said.

"Sure thing!" I said nodding. He left. I turned the water on and finished up cleaning the blood. I hung his shirt and coat up to dry.