Chapter 13: We Stick Together

Aviva POV

It didn't take me long to clean Ciel's study. Once I finished I went to the windows. I looked out and sighed, remembering my first time in this study. I really thought this was all dream. I looked around in case anyone lingered from that gunshot then closed the window.

I left the study to go find Bard. I made my way to the kitchen, but I walked slowly. I wanted to get a real look at the manor. It really is lovely. I made it to the kitchen to see Bard sitting, smoking as always. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Aviva! Come take a seat." He motioning me to come sit with him. I happily obliged.

"How ya feeling kid?" He asked.

"I'm alright. Pretty worried about the master, though." I said putting my hands on the table. He put the cigarette between his fingers.

"I mean about yesterday." He said. "I see most of the cuts have healed." He said examining my face. I was disappointed in myself. I don't like my friends seeing me upset. Lately I've been terrible about hiding it. "What happened on that ride? You were so excited to go." He said.

"I just...thought of something on the way back." I said resting my head in my hand.

"Talk to me kid." He said putting a hand over mine. I hanged my head and sighed. "What had you so upset?" He asked.

"I just thought if I kept running...I could run home." I said picking my head up. "Then I thought...why would I want to go back? I have no one waiting for me to come back. No one wondering where I was or when I was coming back. Or if I was coming back at all. I didn't have much to live for." I said looking down. "That's when I stopped dodging the branches." I sniffled.

"Don't say that." He said a bit stern. I looked up at him. "You've got us now. And we stick together." He said putting the cigarette back in his mouth. "You really scared us this morning, you know." He said. "We thought you left us. Ciel ordered all of us to look. Even Tanaka looked for you. And Sebastian." I looked back up at him. "Even he looked nervous." He pat my hand a few times. "Come on. Let's go find everyone else." He said getting up. I smiled and went with him.

We made our way out to the garden and saw Finny. He stood up and waved at us. He's honestly adorable. We met in the middle of some rose bushes. There were a few stray yellow ones. I walked over to them and touched the soft petals.

"What do think, Aviva? I was testing out a new colour rose!" He said proud of himself.

"I love them Finny! They're lovely." I said smiling brightly. He went over and cut one out for me. "Thank you Finny." I kissed his cheek. He's so sweet. He blushed like mad.

"You like yellow flowers?" Asked Bard, stepping up to us.

"I absolutely love sunflowers." I said turning to him.

"Hey!" I turned and saw Mey-rin running towards us. I heard Bard whisper something to Finny bit payed no mind to it. I waved to her. She came over and we all ended up just walking through the garden. They all talked but I just enjoyed being with them in the garden. I noticed the sun going down.

"Bard, we should probably get some dinner started since Sebastian isn't back with the young master yet." I said turning to him.

"Yeah let's go." He said putting his hand on my back. I waved bye to Finny and Mey-rin and we walked back into the kitchen. I stopped and smelled the rose and smiled. I put the rose down on the table and rolled up my sleeves.

"Ok, Bard we need something simple and quick." I said looking in the pantry and fridge. I grabbed bread and cheese. I don't know if the grilled cheese sandwich has been invented yet, but I'm making some! "Bard?" I called.

"Yeah?" He walked up to me.

"Can you start a tomato soup?" I asked turning to him.

"Can do ma'am!" He said before getting a big pot to cook.

(Skip some time bc it's too early)

The soup was almost done so it was time for me to start. I got out the bread, butter, cheese, and a pan. Mey-rin ran in saying Sebastian and the young master were back. I grabbed a small first aid kit and told Bard to stay with the soup. I ran to the main hall and stopped to see Sebastian and a fairly beat up Ciel.

"Master Ciel!" I called before running up to him. I handed the kit to Sebastian and examined Ciel's face, very concerned. "Are you alright? You aren't hurt too bad?" God, I honestly sounded like a worried mother. I went to put my hand on his cheek were it looked like he was punched. He smacked my hand away.

"I'm fine." He said coldly. "I just tripped and fell." He said starting to walk away. I scoffed.

"I know that's not true, sir. I know you were kidnapped." I said. He stopped and turned back to me, visibly angry that I knew.

"And how would you know that?" He asked turning back to me.

"Well for one, I saw your study. It was a wreck and has since been cleaned. And two..." I looked away. "I'm not sure if I should say that yet. Not until it happens again." I looked down and thought. Wait. There's someone who might actually be able to help me. A certain retired reaper. I gasped and looked up.

"I have to go into town." I said suddenly, looking up at Ciel. I shook my head. "That can happen later. Sebastian?" I said turning to the butler.

"Yes Miss Faye?" He said approaching me. He called me that again. Why? Why doesn't he just call me by my name? And why always "miss?"

"If you would please clean up the young master and set the table, dinner will be ready shortly." I said before walking back to the kitchen. He was a bit surprised.

"Of course, Miss Faye." He said before following Ciel.