Chapter 42: Explosion

Aviva POV

The next 5 days came and went in a flash. But that 6th day would start differently.

I was surprised awake by the manor shaking and rumbling. I, very sleepily, got dressed. I definitely was a mess. The buttons on my uniform were off, my sleeves were unbuttoned, and my headband was lopsided. I ran into the kitchen, stumbling over my own feet.

"Wha happen?" I asked breathing heavily, still not fully awake. I rubbed my eyes and saw the extent of the damage. I saw Bard walking into the kitchen from a hole in the wall. He was covered in debris and ash and he was coughing. I grabbed a towel and ran up to him. I started wiping his face. "What were you thinking?!" I asked looking at him, horrified. He scratched the back of his head and laughed nervously.

"Well I wanted to make some bacon for breakfast so to cook it fast I used dynamite." He said smiling nervously.

"Bacon goes in the oven or on the stove!" I said suddenly. He just coughed and laughed. "You go clean yourself up...I'll start cleaning this up." I said motioning to the debris.

"Alright, alright." He said walking away. I hit him with the towel. He laughed and walked faster.

I turn back to the wreckage and sighed. Dammit, Baldroy. I grabbed some cleaning supplies, rolled up my sleeves, and got to work. I managed to move some rubble outside. I climbed back through the hole into the kitchen to see a very pissed Sebastian.

"Good morning Sebastian!" I said happily, wiping my hands on the apron of my uniform. He just looked around.

"Baldroy?" He asked.

"Yup!" I said.

"Dynamite?" He asked.

"Bacon." I said shrugging. He sighed and looked at the wreckage.

"Very well." He said taking his jacket off. I didn't mean to, but I guess I ended up staring at him. He certainly is...fit. He smirked and rolled up his sleeves. "Aviva?" He said smirking. He snapped me out of staring.

"Huh? Oh! I-I uh..." I said looking away. He walked up to me, took my chin, and made me face him. What's happening? Oh, he is very close to me. We were silent for a moment.

"Do I frighten you, Miss Aviva?" He asked gently.

"O-of course not! I mean...sometimes. When you get angry. But overall, you don't frighten me." I said.

Sebastian POV

I didn't realize it, but I ended up staring at her. And she smirked at me.

"Get your head out of the gutter. We have an explosion to clean!" She said before bounding off to the rubble. Dammit, how is she so cheerful?! She could be crushed by the manor at any second and she's running in headfirst to clean up.

She helped me push the remaining rubble outside. I ran to get material to support the structure of the wall. I came back into the kitchen and...I swear on Satan this girl is testing me. She was cleaning the floor....on her hands and knees. Her...back facing me.

Is that all I'm feeling towards her? Lust? I want to believe that but....it doesn't feel right.

Aviva POV

I was so focused on cleaning the floor I didn't even hear Sebastian walk in. The tiles were absolutely filthy. I kept scrubbing at lines on the tiles until I realized they were actually cracks.

"Dammit." I growled and threw my brush down. I sat up and put my hands on my hips. "These tiles are going to have to be replaced." I stood up and turned around. "Sebastian!" I said startled. "H-how long have you been there?" I asked wiping my hands. Oh my god was he...How long has he been there!?

"Not too long." He said smirking. My face turned red. Damn you demon butler! He walked over to me. I crossed my arms and glared at him. "Could you prepare and serve the young master his breakfast while I work on repairs?" He asked.

"I would love to, Sebastian." I said, giving him a healthy dose of sass. I started pulling out ingredients for Ciel's breakfast and Bard came back in.

"Hey, Bard! Nice to see you cleaned up." I said putting my hands on my hips.

"Yeah..." He said before laughing nervously. "Sorry about that." He said scratching the back of his head. He clapped his hands together. "Alright. What can I help with?" He said rubbing his hands together. Sebastian quickly turned around.

"No." Sebastian said sternly. "You will not assist with breakfast. You've done enough damage for today." He said giving his closed eyes smile. I stood in front of Bard defensively.

"I don't believe you have a say in that, Mister Michaelis." I said crossing my arms.

"Oh?" He said raising an eyebrow. "And why would that be?" He said walking over to me.

"Because you are not the one making breakfast. And who are you to say I don't want assistance?" I said glaring at the demon before me.

Sebastian POV

Bard's jaw dropped. She's doing this again? She should know better than to test me. I glared at her, trying to get her back down. She's not cracking.

"Very well...Miss Faye." I said before going back to repairing the hole in the wall. I just might have to teach her a lesson or two. My eyes turned pink just thinking of the possibilities.

Aviva POV

I smirked and turned back to Bard. His jaw was wide open. I smiled.

"Close your mouth Bard, you are not a codfish." I said patting his chest before going back to pulling out ingredients. I went to the fridge and reluctantly pulled out the bacon. I walked up to Bard and showed him the bacon. "Bard. I am trusting you to cook the bacon." I said slowly. "Please don't break anything." I said handing him the meat.

"Got it." He said giving me a salute before going to the stove.

I turned to go make some pancakes. I started mixing the batter and heard the bacon cooking. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sebastian jump up, I'm guessing at the crackling sound. I turned and put my hand up to tell him to calm down. He walked over to me and gave me an "Are you sure about this?" look.

"He's fine. Trust me." I mouthed to him, putting my hand on his arm. He looked at Bard then back at me for a moment before going back to repairs. I turned back to the stove and started making pancakes. Why do I love making pancakes so much?