Chapter 35: His Maid, Chance Encounter

Aviva POV

"A bit too excited, don't you think?" Ciel asked coldly.

"Why not?" I said shrugging. "Let's go catch us a serial killer!" I said before sending Ajax off.

Time skip
Third Person POV

Aviva lead Ciel and Sebastian to an alley. She felt something drawing her to this specific spot. She stopped at the corner.

"He'll show if we stake out this place, right?" Ciel asked.

"Yeah. Well...sort of." Aviva said.

"What do you mean 'sort of?'" Ciel asked annoyed.

"We won't find him here...this is just where we're meant to be." She said. Ciel gave an exasperated sigh and leaned against the wall.

"You know...I've realised the murdered prostitutes have other things in common besides their profession." Ciel said.

"The most beautiful glossy black hair." Sebastian muttered.

"But I still don't understand why he had to kill them all." Ciel said.

"So very loveable. It could almost be a sin." Sebastian said.

Aviva looked at Sebastian like he had too heads. Then she looked down and saw what Sebastian was really focusing on.

"And what's more I-" Ciel said.

"So soft...Ah! So soft." Sebastian interrupted. Aviva snickered and went to Sebastian. Ciel growled and turned to see Sebastian fawning over a black cat.

"Listen to me when I'm talking to you!" Ciel sternly said to Sebastian.

"Oh. I apologise sir but she's so beautiful...and soft." Sebastian said. Aviva laughed and put her hand on Sebastian's head. He went stiff and his eyes flickered pink with her touch.

"Come on, Sebastian. We have a job to do." Aviva said before taking her hand back. Sebastian let the cat go and stood up.

They heard a scream and turned towards where it came from. Aviva started running.

"How could somebody have gotten past us?" Ciel asked before catching up to Aviva with Sebastian.

Ciel ran to the door at the end of the alleyway and burst it open.

"Ciel no!" Aviva said reaching out to him before some blood splattered in his face.

Sebastian quickly covered Ciel's eyes, then picked the two up and leaped back, dropping Ciel's hat. Ciel shuddered then got sick. Aviva stood up straight, staring at the open door.

"Are you alright, Miss Aviva?" Sebastian asked, concerned.

"Huh?" Aviva said before turning to Sebastian wide eyed. "Oh, yeah! I've seen worse." She said casually. Sebastian wondered for a brief moment of what she could have possibly seen. He ignored it then turned back to the crime scene.

"You've made quite a bloody mess of things in there...Jack the Ripper." Sebastian said stoically. Aviva grabbed two throwing knives and took her stance. "Or rather...Grell Sutcliff." Sebastian said as the incompetent "butler" walked out, covered head to red in fresh and dried blood.

"No..no you're wrong." Grell protested. "I...I heard the scream and rushed to help, but-" He said.

"Drop the act, Grell. It's over." I said. Grell looked down in defeat.

"You know this is actually the first time I've met someone like you in the human world. You played the role of 'helpless butler' well." Sebastian said glaring at him. "Your act had almost everybody completely fooled." He said.

"You...you think so?" Grell asked sheepishly. He chuckled then looked up, revealing his pointed teeth. "How kind." He said in his normal voice, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. "That's great to hear." He said pulling off the red ribbon holding his hair up. "After all, I am an actress." She said taking off his glasses and pulling a comb from his inner coat pocket. "And quite a good one at that." She said before running the comb through hair to change it to her normal red colour. "Of course," she said putting on false lashes, "you're not really Sebastian, either are you?" She asked.

"'Sebastian is the name my master gave me. So that is who I am...for now." He said.

"Ah...you're playing the faithful dog." Grell said putting her reaper glasses on. "Well you're handsome enough to get away with it...Anyway, here we are Sebastian. No. I'll call you Bassy!" She said flipping her hair back. "Let me introduce myself. The bannette butler, Grell Sutcliff. What do you say? Let's get along!" She said said winking a blowing a kiss. Now Aviva was getting upset. She didn't know why she was getting upset and it just upset her more. Sebastian shuddered, thinking of all the dreadful things Grell could have in mind. "Ah. It's so nice to talk to you in my true form! I admit I was surprised when I first met you, I've never seen a demon playing a butler." She said.

"I could say the same about you. I never thought I would find one of your kind playing a butler either. You're supposed to be in an intermediary between man and god. A-" Sebastian said.

"A grim reaper." Aviva interrupted. "I would ask why a divine being would pose as a servant. But after all...it was out of love for a woman, wasn't it?" She asked.

"And that woman would be?" Sebastian asked. Ciel pushed Sebastian's hands away.

"You don't really need to ask, do you?" Madame Red said slowly emerging from the dark room far in front of us.

"Madame." Ciel said bluntly.