Chapter 6: A Tour and Some Shakespeare

Aviva POV

Sebastian lead me from the kitchen into the main hall. I look around wide eyed. It's so much bigger, and certainly more beautiful, in person. I spin around but stop when I face the staircase. Ciel must have had his parent's painting removed.

"That wallpaper there could use a good replacing. Or at least a good scrubbing. Must have been up for a while." I said putting my hands behind my back, walking past the stairs.

Sebastian stopped and stared at me. I smiled. "It's quite obvious a painting was recently removed. And a pretty big one at that. The wallpaper that was behind the painting is as clean as day it was put up." I said walking past him, looking all around.

Sebastian seemed to snap out of it and caught up to me. He showed me the main rooms I'd be cleaning. There was a lovely parlor that I'd be cleaning occasionally. I'd make sure guest rooms were tidy. There was an adorable little salon. I'd be helping Mey-rin a lot, which I didn't mind at all. I know how she is and I hoped I'd be able to help her out.

Sebastian POV

The last room I had to show her was the library. I opened the doors and she gasped. She walked in and looked around, spinning. She was absolutely beaming.

The look on her face was pure wonderment. I couldn't help but smirk at her reaction. She ran her hands along the books but stopped and pulled out a book. I walked over to see what she pulled out. Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

"O, when she's angry she is keen and shrewd!" I recited. "She was a vixen-" Miss Faye cut me off.

"When she went to school; And though she be but little," She stopped and put the book away. "She is fierce." She said looking up at me, smiling.

"You know your Shakespeare." I said watching her walk, examine the books.

"I love Shakespeare." She said looking back to me briefly.

"Do you have a favourite play of his?" I asked, walking towards her. Without even hesitating she answered 'Othello.' "I expected to hear a romance or comedy." I told her.

"I do enjoy A Midsummer Night's Dream for the reason of being both. However his definition of a comedy is too similar to that of romance, which I find....dull. Happy endings, marriages...can be a bit boring for a comedy. I do believe death can be used for the purpose of comic relief." She said walking back to me.

"Then you do not fear death?" I asked, curious to her answer.

"No I do not." She said walking past me. "I do however fear my own mortality." She said without turning back. I wasn't sure what answer I was expecting, but I never would have guessed that would be it. "Death is an inevitability. For all of us...except..." She stopped.

"Except what?" I asked walking towards her. Did she know? How could she possibly know of beings like me? Could she know what I truly am?

"Oh...never mind." She said smiling.

She looked to the books on the other side of the room. She noticed something and got really excited. She dashed to the other side of the room and pulled out a small book.

"Find something else you like?" I asked walking towards her. She showed me what she found. Utopia but Sir Thomas More.

"You've read Utopia?" I asked, honestly surprised.

"I do enjoy a good socio-political satire." She said flipping through the pages, smiling. I checked the time on my pocket watch. It was time to start preparing the young master's lunch.

"It is time for me to go prepare the master's lunch. I'll have Mey-rin get you a uniform. After you change, would you like to assist me?" I asked her.

"I would love to!" She said, again beaming. I lead her to the laundry room to find Mey-rin.

"Mey-rin." I said walking into the room.

"Yes sir Sebastian?" She said quickly turning to face myself and Miss Faye.

"Please get Miss Aviva a maid uniform then bring her to kitchen." I said before turning out of the room.

"Yes sir!" I heard her say as I left.