Chapter 29: Cleaning and Classical

Third person POV

The two went to the supply closet and gathered cleaning supplies. Aviva was beaming. She knew Sebastian could clean in an inhuman amount of time so she was excited to get to do this with him.

They started cleaning the main hall. Sebastian sweeping, Aviva dusting. She couldn't be happier cleaning with him. While dusting, she absentmindedly started humming Vivaldi's The Four Seasons. Sebastian noticed.

"I have noticed you seem to hum while completing your daily chores." He said not looking up from sweeping.

"Do I?" Aviva asked not looking up from a vase. "I haven't noticed. I'm sorry about that." She said frowning. He walked over to her and she looked up.

"Don't apologize. I don't mind it. You seem to have a good taste in music and a lovely voice." He said looking down at the maid. She blushed. "I'm quite fond of Vivaldi myself." He said.

"My mother would play The Four Seasons while I slept as a baby. I've been listening to him ever since I was born." She said smiling. "I enjoy his Violin Concerto." She said.

"I prefer his Violin Concerto in G Minor." He said putting his hand behind him.

"Me too!" Aviva said, getting excited. "However, I do love just the very beginning of E Major." She said smiling brightly.

"You must really enjoy the violin." He said smiling lightly. She nodded.

"To me, Vivaldi has a very...distinct violin sound." Aviva said.

"I could not agree more, Miss Faye." He said leaning down slightly.

The two ended up talking for much longer than either of them intended too. They talked about music ranging from Bach to Mozart to Beethoven to Tchaikovsky. Then their conversation then segwayed from music to opera. And from opera to ballet.

"I still remember the first ballet I ever saw." She told him. However, she couldn't tell him it was The Nutcracker because it hasn't been written yet. "I was with my mom and grandmother. Maybe about...ten minutes into the performance I asked, very loudly, 'Why isn't anyone talking?'" Aviva said laughing lightly. "And everyone around us just burst out laughing." She said laughing. Sebastian covered his mouth to try not to laugh. "No, it's ok to laugh! I was little! I didn't know that's what ballets were like!" She said smiling brightly. He took his hand down and laughed, shaking his head at Aviva. They just laughed for a moment.

They kept on talking about ballet for a bit. There was no cleaning getting done whatsoever. The conversation then moved from ballet to theatre. Then finally to Shakespeare. Sebastian was surprised to see how much they shared in common. But he was enjoying this time just talking with her. They stood and talked for so long, that Aviva's feet were starting to ache. She started shuffling her feet slightly and Sebastian noticed.

"Is everything alright, Miss Aviva?" Sebastian asked her.

"Yeah! My feet are just hurting a bit." She said smiling.

Sebastian pulled his pocket watch out and checked the time. His eyes widened. "Well, it is no wonder your feet hurt." He said putting his watch away. "We've been talking so long we are late to prepare the young master's lunch." He said looking down at her. Her eyes widened.

"Oh!" She said surprise. "I'll let you go do that. I'll get back to cleaning." She said, a bit disappointed. He frowned at her.

"Wouldn't you rather assist me?" He asked. She smiled and nodded. "Then shall we?" He said before leading her to the kitchen. Aviva smiled the whole time. For a brief moment on the way to the kitchen, Sebastian looked down at Aviva. He looked at her and he smiled.

Sebastian POV

I looked down at Miss Aviva. I couldn't help but smile. I couldn't believe how much we had in common. I was surprised how...cultured she was. I began to wonder about her. I don't think anyone in the manor knows where she actually came from. Or how she even got here.

She looks so happy just trailing after me. She might have been half asleep when she said it, but it really does seem like she is always happy to see me.