03 | v o i c e s

{D} raco? You're on the team?" I asked excitedly, eyeing his sleek new broom.

"Surprise, Potter." He responded with a smirk that I knew well.

He was going to be playing seeker, and I was finally going to be able to play chaser. Gryffindor didn't stand a chance.

"Here, this is your broom." He said, pulling my arm so I sat down. We were sitting by the lake.

"You got me a broom?"

"No, I got two for me." He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I got one for you."

I pinched his cheek, "You really didn't have to."

He swatted my hand away and then tossed me a long black box.

"Woah." As I pulled the green and black satin ribbon off, I noticed that it was somewhat disfigured. "Hey Draco?"

"Yeah?"

"What happened to the ribbon?"

His face flushed a bright pink, "What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing." I said, taking in his reaction. "It's the cutest ribbon I've ever seen."

"R-really?" he cleared his throat, "I mean, I just asked my house elf to do it for me."

"Tell your house elf that they did a good job." I looked at the broom admiringly. My fingers were itching to test this baby out. "Thanks, Draco."

"Yeah, I thought you would like it."

"Y'know, the lake's prettier looking at it from up here." I commented appreciatively, "We should go for a swim sometime since it's still pretty warm. Hm, what do you think about this weekend?"

"Swimming?" He snorted. "In what?"

"Why? Do you want to go skinny dipping?" I fluttered my eyelashes in his face, and he pushed me away, leaving me laughing.

"As if I would ever want to see you naked!"

"Who knew Draco Malfoy had such a shy side?" I poked his side, still laughing at his red ears.

"Shut up."

~~

When we got back, the whispers were worse. Instead of darting stares and hushed voices, kids had started to either glare heatedly at me or flee altogether.

One Hufflepuff fourth year stopped Draco and I on our way to dinner, "If it isn't the Slytherin Heir? Had fun with the cat?" He snickered to his Gryffindor friend, "Watch out, she's probably coming for you next."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, crossing my arms. Draco looked down on them disgustedly, which was amazing because he was shorter than them. How did that even work?

Either way, he knew not to step in my fights. Not that he wasn't a formidable ally, he had one heck of a smart mouth.

"Ooh. She doesn't remember?" The annoying person blocking the way to dinner mocked, "Whose blood did you write that in? Your daddy's?"

I stood still, my brain calculating the best decision. One, I could hex his dumbass— but face the consequences. If word gets out that I'm going around beating people up, not only are people going to assume further, I would lower Voldy's expectations of me. On the other hand, my fist to his face sounded so good right now...

I took a steadying breath and shrugged casually. "No, but I'll be happy to do it again with yours," I tapped a finger on my chin, pretending to think. "Oh, wait." I looked at him in a mocking pout. "Your blood's too filthy to touch."

A dirty blow, I know.

I couldn't think of anything, I literally panicked.

"Seems like you're definitely a Slytherin," he spat.

"And it seems like you're definitely an asshole." I pushed past between them.

"What was that about?" Draco grumbled, "Did you write on the wall again?"

"No!" I protested, "That was a one time thing, stop bringing it up."

Draco laughed, "One time thing, huh?"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, shut up." I switched to my impersonation of Dumbledore as we entered the Great Hall, "Eat well, my child. I must go talk to the twin who wasn't gifted with my humor."

"Harry? Harold? Henry?" I called out as stomach let out a lengthy grumble. "Harriet?"

"Harriet? That was what you came up with?" Harry poked my stomach.

I pushed his hand away, taking a seat and pretending not to notice the other students scooting away from me. "It kind of suits you."

Harry looked warily at the eyes on us, "Hey, you know what happened to Mrs. Norris, right?"

"Something about blood being written on the wall?" I recalled.

"It said, 'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware.' Do you know what that means?"

"What?" I pulled him up abruptly. "Harry, can we talk somewhere else?"

"Of course."

We headed for our column, a place where we generally had our talks. There was place to sit, and it was rather convenient, since it was located in the middle of our common rooms. 

"Enemies of the heir, beware?" I mumbled, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" And who had done it? Someone inside the castle. And why? "And the Chamber Of Secrets?" I had to find it.

Ssss. Let me kill.

Harry and I both flinched, standing deathly still.

Let me kill ssssomething...

"The voice, I heard it before." Harry mentioned, and we both broke out into a walk, following it. "We followed it and there were a bunch of spiders, and-and then we saw the message!"

"Has anyone else heard it?"

"No."

Crap. It was a snake.

"Harry, what exactly happened to the cat?"

"I-I don't know, she was frozen or something, no, paralyzed."

Right then, we bumped right into a figure with black clothing.

"Professor!" I said relived, "You have to help us!"

"Help... you?" Snape said, eyeing me and Harry curiously.

"We think there's going to be another attack."

~~

Sorry for the long wait guys :((
Finals are coming up and I'm low key kinda screwed...

Also— sometimes Lexi might seem narrow minded. And don't worry, I KNOW. I just want to see her grow,,,

And one more thing: I got the time line wrong!!! The duel was supposed to be after the first petrification. Oop.... I literally hit my head on the wall after realizing.

Thanks for sticking along so far guys, I really don't want to rush anything between these two... or three ;))