Take What You Dish

2019

"Tj! Get your bag ready, your father is coming to get you!" I yelled chopping up some bacon to go over my salad.

"Yes mama!" He came running downstairs making me smile. "You look so handsome baby. Such a cutie." I pinched his cheeks making him smile showing those missing teeth warming my heart. "Mama I'm eight, I'm not a baby no more." "You forever my baby though so hush." He playfully rolled his eyes making me laugh.

"Daddy in the house!" Tru came busting through the door. "Daddy!" "Son!" I laughed shaking my head as they both did their little handshake. "He has tutoring around five so don't have my baby out late, bring him back." "Well hello to you too mama." He walked in the kitchen kissing my cheek and smacking my ass. "Don't you have a girlfriend to be rubbing on?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me making me laugh. "Why she always being brought up? You must be worried she gone take yo spot?" "Boy we both know that's a lie. I'm just curious since you're over here almost every night getting in between these thighs." He smiled showing his pretty white teeth. "And I love them thighs." I laughed pushing him away.

"Boy get out of my house." "This my house, I paid for it." I jerked my head back looking at him upside the head. "And I pay half the bills here too." I waved the knife around making him back up. "And don't be having drugs in your car either with Tj okay? I mean it." He grabbed me by my waist pulling me in. "You know all my business is handled without him." "Mhm." He pecked my lips before picking up Tj and his backpack.

"Now we gone, and you'll see us at before five ight? And dinner better be served ain't that right Tj?" "That's right!" He yelled with his high pitched voice pointing at me. "Both of y'all better get out my house!" I laughed watching them walk out the door.

What me and Tru had was a little funny to say the least. That was my bestfriend and that was hard to find given we had a child together. We do everything that couples do but we just couldn't be together. He was so right but so wrong. And the last thing I wanted to do was get in my feelings behind a man that's taken. Well quote on quote taken because he's always in my face.

My phone started ringing making me look down seeing it was Len. "Yes ma'am?" "Hey girl! You kid free yet?" I laughed nodding as if she could see me. "Yes. Are you?" "Girl hell yeah! My mama came and got Jada, gave me an overnight break!" I started laughing curling up on the couch with my salad. "Must be nice, Tru just took Jr. till five today but that's because he has tutoring. He's not catching on in math and I can't blame him, we both know I sucked ass at it in high school." "Trust me I remember, you and Tru use to have these quote on quote study sessions." I rolled my eyes laughing.

"Anyways! Since we are kid free you tryna go get our nails and toes done? I'm in need of a little retail therapy too." "Yeah girl, I'll be over there in about thirty minutes."

••••

"Daddy turn that up." I looked in the backseat laughing and shaking my head. These kids loved them some NBA Youngboy and my son was definitely one of them. I floated through traffic looking around at all the beautiful women that were out today. Miami was definitely the spot once it started heating up. "You excited about next week? Your teacher told me you walking across the stage boy!" "Yeah I'm happy! I'm just not ready for mama and all those pictures." I laughed. "What you mean?" "She's always hugging and kissing on me. I just don't want her to embarrass me, girls will be there." I lightly chuckled.

"Look here son, your mama mean good ight? It took some real love to get you all the way here, she's just happy that's all. Don't forget that." "Yes sir."

I knew how Fancy could get with anything surrounding Tj. She protected that boy with her heart, as she should. "Aye stay inside this car and whatever you do don't talk to nobody from over here." I pulled up to my warehouse stopping. "Yes sir." I locked the doors looking at the car until I was inside.

"Now what's up man? What couldn't wait, I got my son with me." "Well I'm having a good day too nigga the fuck." Spank walked up with a clipboard making me laugh and dap him up. "The connect dropped off some more supply and said he wants a meeting with you Friday. Is that good news or bad?" "It's all good, he just wanna go over some numbers. Yo where Josh at?" I asked looking around for him.

"Shii, ion' know. That nigga probably at his girl house or some shit." "Well tell that nigga he on my clock and pussy come later. I need this shit cut and out on the streets like yesterday." "Yes sir Mr. Boss man." I smacked my lips walking out the building.

A guy by the name of Matteo was my connect; an Italian fat motherfucka but he had money. The type of money to make everything or anybody go away. Money that I wanted to take soon but I had to get a plan together. I been keeping my head low bringing in close to one hundred thousand dollars a week in but that wasn't enough. My family was use to the finer things and I was too so I needed all that.

I walked outside seeing a crackhead by my truck begging my son for money.

"Aye! What the fuck?!" I put my hand up raising my shirt up so he could see the gun. "I-I don't want no problems man. I'm just hungry, I seen the nice truck and tried to see if anybody was inside. My bad." He shrugged looking afraid.

I pulled out the wad of cash from my pocket counting out three hundreds handing it over to him. "Look man you can't be approaching nobody shit like that ight? Be careful man." He fastly nodded shoving the money in his baggy pants. "Thanks brotha." "And get some more fucking pants man!" He waved me off limping away.

"Yo you good?" Tj nodded his head not even phased. "Don't tell yo mama ight." "You know I got you." I nodded my head smiling before starting up the truck.

Tru and Tj were ripping and running the streets how they always did. They played at the park for a while until the sun became too much then went to get ice cream. Tru cherished moments like this with his son since Tru was too hardheaded to cherish them with his pops. He was always a wild kid and nobody couldn't tell him shit and that's the last thing he wanted for Tj.

"Aye! We back!" I walked through the door kicking off my shoes smelling the steaks instantly having my stomach rumble. "Go wash up before you eat." I told Tj watching his little feet run upstairs.

"Fancy!" I yelled over the music she had playing looking around for her. I walked to the patio door that led outside seeing her sitting there posted up with some nigga. I quietly watched as they interacted. She laughed, he laughed. His hand gripped her thigh as she rolled her eyes looking away making my blood boil.

"I wasn't invited?" I walked outside making myself known pulling the rolled blunt from behind my ear sparking up. "Wassup man." He stood up holding his hand out making me look him up and down. "Well okay." He Chuckled pulling his hand away. "I'm sorry Anthony, this is Tj's Father. Tru this is Mr. Anthony; Tj's tutor." I looked over at her like she was crazy.

"Let me talk to you." She got up pulling the tight sundress down. I grabbed her arm walking back in the house. "What is it?" "You fucking the tutor?" She laughed. "No I am not! And if I was?!" She leaned back giving me attitude. "Don't get that nigga fucked up Fancy." "So you can have a girlfriend but as soon as I want to explore it's a problem?" I shook my head not trying to hear all that. "Exactly. He's a nice man with a nice job. If you can date then so can I." She took the blunt from my mouth, "You not the only one who gets to have fun." She pecked my lips turning around making me smack her ass.

"Ouch! Boy!" "It won't last!" I said before she could close the door on me. Me and Fancy's dating was different and she knew that. I didn't know what game she was playing.

Hope y'all are enjoying the read so far, we got a LITTLE into Tru's life & met the special baby boy Tj who makes this story possible.

COMMENT&VOTE 😘🔥

Excuse mistakes...