• Interrogation •

{ t w e n t y t h r e e }

"So Chloe...Chloe who is sat in there, is Jaimes, who is also sat in there, cousin?"

"...yes"

"And you didn't think this was important a little earlier?"

"...uh-"

"Unbelievable! How can I even do this? What the hell am I doing? Vic, I can't do this anymore!"

He had managed to chase me outside, leaving everyone else inside, probably eating, damn I'm hungry right now. But that's not the point.

"You know Chloe isn't right for Tony, Lydia! You are!" Vic argued. I shook my head.

"This is all on you Vic, if this goes wrong, I'm blaming you. We're toying with families now, do you know how long this is going to be on my conscience?" I explained, a little more calmly.

His expression faltered for a mere second "I'm doing this for you and Tony, Lyd. You both said it was nothing, but look at you!"

I paused for a second, processing what he said.

"I- I didn't say it was nothing.." Did Tony...?

Vic's eyes widened and his mouth opened but closed again. There's my answer then. I turned around and ran back into the house and straight up to the room I stayed in with the paintings.

I clicked the lock shut, sat in the corner of the bed and closed my eyes.

It meant nothing to him.

I meant nothing to him.

Becca's POV

I awkwardly sat at the table, Vic had already gone out chasing Lydia. Bless her. The awkward silence is well...awkward, but I guess it's better than arguments.

I totally forgot Jaime and Becca were cousins though, with all the drama going on with a new girl in the house.

Lydia and I will be awesome friends. Although her views on Chloe are a little...off. Chloe's a mask, a hollow shell. Nice on the outside, cold and a completely manipulative bitch on the inside. Did I mention compulsive liar? I seriously hate that little-

"Uh babe, I fucked up..." Vic whispered to me. My eyes widened in the slightest.

I turned to him so nobody else at the table could hear our conversation.

"What do you mean you fucked up?" I hissed. One fuck up and this whole plan goes down.

He looked guilty. "Badly"

"10 being the worst, what's the scale?" I asked him, still in a whisper. I could tell people were definitely trying to listen, especially Chloe, she probably wants some gossip to spread or something.

"It's easily an 8" I shot up from my chair.

"AN 8?" I shouted. What damage could he have done in 5 minutes that was an 8?! Damn he's lucky I love him.

"I didn't mean too..." He said at normal volume, I was aware that people were listening, but that's beyond the point here.

I ran a hand through my hair and gave Vic a look to give me his worst.

He leant in to whisper "I sort of um, told her that Tony said it was nothing.." My eyes bulged, and I turned around, and slapped him.

"Okay. I deserved that."

"Damn right you did! Why the hell would you say that! You're an idiot!"

"It just slipped out and-"

"Is it true?" I carefully turned my attention to the table, they were all watching the argument unfold. I looked at Tony and he had his mouth pressed in a firm line. It wasn't nothing, I just know it wasn't.

"Well, uh...it actually is. That's what they said to me at the time"

"You naive little- you're going to fix this right?"

"Well that's kind of why I came in here..." He gave me a pleading look. I sighed and turned to the table. Guess the plan is going at full speed now.

"Tony, could I speak to you for a little second?" His eyes widened a small fraction and he slowly got up, as he did, I pulled out my phone and pretended to text. Now or never for stage 2.

I went to Vic "stage 2." I whispered it so only he could hear and he nodded and sat down.

Tony came over to me and I nodded towards the hall.

"So what's this all about?" Mama fuentes finally asked as I followed Tony. I sent Vic a stern look and he blurted, I'm guessing, the first thing that came to mind.

This just so happened to be "JAIME SLEPT WITH MIKE!"

I sighed. I do love you Vic, but damn...

I closed the hallway door and turned to Tony.

"What's up?" He asked hesitantly. I wouldn't blame, sometimes I'm not the nicest person in the world. Vic knows me too well to be hesitant though.

"So Chloe huh?" I asked straight up.

"...yeah"

"How's it going with you too?"

"...good, I guess?"

"Oh, so you don't like Lydia then?"

"W-what?" His eyes widened, mouth dried and suddenly he was wringing his hands nervously.

Gotcha.

"You know, Lydia? The girl you kidnapped, and told Vic that she apparently meant nothing to you?"

"So you know everything?"

"Every little detail." I sighed, hoping he'd just say something that was useful to me already.

"I said that when Vic was practically breathing down my neck saying I'd never see her again and she decided to go back..."

"So you lied?"

"Well, yeah. But I have Chloe now..." He looked at the floor so I couldn't see the emotion that ran through this features.

"But you don't want her Tony. She's always going to be second best. Lydia is so much better than her and you know it." I said lightly.

He looked up at me, frowning.

"I'm going back in now" damn it! I thought I had him! Ugh, this guy is going to be hard to crack.

"While your kissing your so-called girlfriend, compare it with how it felt when you kissed Lydia, when you woke up next to her. Tony, she's so much better for you." And then he opened the door, and walked back to the dining room.

I ran upstairs to Lydia.

I got to a locked door and knocked on it, I couldn't hear anything inside but I had a feeling this is where she was.

I got out my phone ready.

"Lydia, open the door." After a few minutes the lock unclicked and I walked in, shutting it behind me.

I walked over to Lydia on the bed, she still had a few stray tears on her cheeks, so I wiped them away with my thumb.

"It didn't mean nothing to him Lydia." I said softly.

"That's not what Vic said."

"Vic's an idiot and Tony lied to him." I stated. She stayed silent.

"This is stage 2: interrogation."

And I pressed play on my phone, playing the entire conversation I just had with Tony, into the atmosphere.