1. Cross Paths

"Mom, who is my dad?"

Jihyo stayed frozen in her seat, completely dumbfounded after her five years old daughter asked about her father. She didn't realize that the day she feared the most will come this soon;

"Your dad? His working somewhere far, honey."

"But why isn't he going home? My friends said that their Dads go back home when it's dinner time but why my Daddy doesn't?"

Jihyo feigns a smile while hiding her sudden panic. 

"Your Daddy is just busy, baby. He's not like any other daddies like your friends have. He needs to work away  all the time."

"But why?"

"Because... because that's the nature of his work. He's traveling around the world making music. Don't worry, you'll meet him when you grow up."

"Didn't you say he is a singer? I always see people sing on tv but not my daddy."

Of course, he appears on tv, you're just not aware it's him

Jihyo thought but didn't say so.

"Hmm... I'm not sure but he writes songs? That's right! He makes a lot of songs for people to sing."

"Ah, can I write songs too? Will you sing it on tv, Mommy?"

"(laugh) If you write me a song I'll sing it for you but not on tv. Mommy is kind of shy."

They laugh and Jihyo thought Yoona is done with her questions but before she knew it she asked something about her father again.

"Mommy? How does he look like?  Hyejin says she looks like her dad. When I told them I look like you, Mingyu said you are prettier."

Hyejin and Mingyu are Yoona's classmates and closest friends. 

"Mingyu said I'm prettier than Yoona? Eh? That's impossible, my daughter is the most pretty."

She tackled and shower her kisses on her face. Yoona laughs heartily but her actions didn't stop her curiosity as she thought. She asks again in between laughs.

"Mommy, can you tell me how my Daddy looks like? Everyone can describe their daddy except me. Is he tall likes Hyejin's daddy or strong like Mingyu's daddy? Does he look like Song Joong Ki, your favorite actor?"

Jihyo sigh but quickly smile for Yoona's benefit. It's frustrating but she knows she cannot avoid it. Sooner or later she knows she'll have these questions thrown at her. Although she's been preparing herself for this moment, it's still hard now that it's all happening.