𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

jihyo stirred from her sleep, fluttering her eyes open. she looked around, remembering that she was in their office's infirmary. she let out a sigh, but was abruptly replaced with a small squeak as she noticed the body beside her, sleeping peacefully. his head laid on his arms, facing the side so he could breathe properly.

she tried to calm her racing heart, partly due to the shock, and maybe due to how close he is and how he orders jihyo's heart to beat faster... just by sleeping. it's funny, how jihyo thought she's moved on after all these years, only for those feelings to resurface the moment she saw him again.

"hey you!" sixteen-year old park jihyo ran towards nineteen-year old min yoongi. the girl caught up to him, easily throwing herself to him. the action made him stumble a bit, but he made sure to catch her just in time. "do me a favor and don't throw yourself to me again, jeez!" he grunts, before helping her stand properly.

"have you heard?" jihyo asked as soon as she stood, her brown eyes staring right into the boy. "heard of what?"yoongi returned a question, his hands resting on her shoulders. "that i love you." she smiled, proud of the way she made him completely flustered.

it took a few seconds for him to process everything. but he let out a smirk, "i guess you still don't know then..." he raised an eyebrow. "what would i not know?" she asked, tilting her head slightly. he leaned forward to whisper, "that i love you more."

without realizing, jihyo's already grinning from ear to ear. she moved her hand to gently fix the stray hair on his forehead. she sighed, a glint of sadness shone in her eyes as she stared at him.

"i really though it'd be easy to move on..." she whispered, her hand still lingering near him. but, truth be told... jihyo thought, "i'm still not over you" she lightly smiled, before facing the ceiling again.

yoongi slightly stirred from his sleep, groaning as he switched sides, his head now facing the other way. before yoongi could continue his sleep there was a faint whisper jihyo could've sworn she caught it clearly.

"jisoo..."

a beat. jihyo does not know how to react. her breath hitched, hands gripping the sheets too tightly, as if it was her lifeline.

jihyo was beyond speechless, a faint "what..." being the only word that was able to escape past her lips.

she glanced at him, who now is back to sleeping peacefully. her lips quivered, eyes searching for answers.

before she could talk, her head whipped to the door's direction, who was opened by mina with momo and sana trailing behind.

"finally, you're awake." mina sighed, smiling at jihyo before glancing at the sleeping figure beside her. mina raises her eyebrow, and jihyo could only send a flustered laugh.

"he's totally whipped for you." sana muttered, careful to not be too loud. mina nudged her, eliciting a whine from the girl.

jihyo only giggles, her mind still in another universe. she stares into space for a couple of seconds, until momo had to snap her fingers infront of jihyo to gain attention.

"you're dozing off... still tired?" momo asks, eyebrows knitting together. "oh no i'm fine, just... thinking about something." jihyo played with her fingers as she replied, the last part coming out as a whisper.

"okayyyy," momo answered, just shrugging it off and moving on to a next topic. "anyway, i heard the two seniors are already fired. word got out of the office real quick." she explained, and sana was in shock.

"really?! how did i not know?" she couldn't believe it. mina rolled her eyes, before the three of them burst into laughter, laughing at sana's antics. sana happened to join in the middle, the atmosphere became lighter as hushed laughter filled the room, still careful to not wake their sleeping boss.

momo wiped the tears that was formed in her eyes, "maybe because you're out with tzuyu that time" she explains, looking over to sana whose mouth was agape the whole time. "oh..." sana muttered, before abruptly facing jihyo.

"hey jihyo!" she smiled. "i want the tea~" she glanced over to where their boss was, her eyes brought back at the girl as she searched for answers.

jihyo just playfully rolled her eyes, "there is no tea, sana." she calmly answers, earning pouts from the others. "such a killjoy." sana huffs.

the girl just laughed, "sorry to disappoint you~" she teased the other girls, sticking her tongue out as playful banter.

the three snickered, not convinced at jihyo's answer. "i just know there is something!" sana insisted, huffing as jihyo just shrugged in response.

"jisoo..." he whispered once again, catching the attention of the girls. jihyo shut her eyes tight, how is she gonna tell them this.

"wait... jisoo? he's sleeping next to you and has the nerve to dream of another girl?" sana furrowed her eyebrows, turning to look at jihyo.

jihyo peeked with one eye, then slowly proceeded to opening the other. "i don't see anything wrong with it?" she attempts in convincing the three.

momo and sana seemed convinced, jihyo felt quite relieved at that. mina though looked as if she was thinking about something. "mina?" she called her attention.

"do you know someone named jisoo?" mina finally spoke up, sensing something. all attention was on jihyo. she swallowed, before answering "no?", letting out an awkward smile.

mina on the other hand, wasn't really convinced, but it was too early for her to say anything. "i see." she answers plainly, before standing up. "we'll go get you guys some food. hopefully he's awake by the time we get back here." mina gestures at the man, before sending jihyo a wave.

"alright." jihyo waves back, and the door closes in front of her. she lets out a heavy sigh, that was quite a close one. she glanced at him, still sleeping peacefully. "if there's one thing you won't forget, that would be my name, right?" she laughs at him. "at least you remember a part of me. that's enough for me."