𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

a knock disturbed yoongi from his work. he looked up to the door, saying "come in", fully expecting that it was jihyo. he put his all paper works aside.

a woman entered the room, but it wasn't who yoongi was expecting it to be. with a bright smile, jennie greeted. "hey there" she said as she closed the door behind her.

"oh" yoongi's shoulders visibly dropped. "jennie, what are you doing here?" he asked, now taking his papers back.

"can't i visit my fiancée?" she asked as she approached his desk. "don't call me that, i'll never agree to be your fiancée." yoongi grumbled, earning a shrug from jennie.

"it's not like you can overturn your mom's decision." she answered.

"anyway, park jihyo, huh." jennie swiftly changed the topic. yoongi immediately looked up at the mention of jihyo's name.

"what about her?"

"she's in the same highschool as us, don't you remember?" jennie asks him again. "oh right, you don't remember." she realizes her mistake.

"she's in the same highschool? how come she's never told me that?" he mumbled, looking like he's deep in thought.

jennie clicked her tongue, "maybe it's not important enough for her to tell you." she explains, before turning her back. "i'll go get some food." she declared before going out of the room.

once outside jennie heaved a big sigh. "i'm so sorry for lying." she whispered. on her way to the cafeteria she chewed her lip, feeling the guilt ever since this whole engagement was planned.

her phone rang, showing the caller id. jennie picked it up with full nervousness. "yes, mother?" she tried to make her voice sound less nervous.

"did you finish what i asked you to do?"

"uh, no... yoongi's secretary wasn't at her desk the time i went here, i missed the timing.", she comes up with a lie.

"hmmm, very well, i'll go visit the company myself."

"okay, mother." and with that, the caller hung up.

yoongi stopped from his work, figuring he could take a break. he stepped out of his office, noticing that jihyo was not at her desk.

where could she be? yoongi thought, but he brushed it away, she needs her privacy.

he decided to go to the rooftop to get some air. yoongi made his way upstairs, climbing a few flights. once he made it to the top, he almost pushed the door open before he was stopped by a voice.

"wait!" the voice sounded familiar. he furrowed his eyebrows, slowly approaching the door to hear clearly.

"i know it's a bad timing, and i'm not supposed to say this for like... forever, but..." the voice said, could it be jaebum?

"but?" a familiar female voice shocked yoongi. even with just a word he could tell that it was jihyo.

there was a short silence before jaebum talked again.

"i like you."

yoongi's heart dropped. the hand that was on the door's handle, even his jaw also dropped.

it hurts, yes, but he knows he doesn't have the right to eavesdrop, so he turns around and walks away, pretending that he wasn't feeling any pain in his chest.

jihyo returned to her seat feeling a lot better. from there she sees mina, and is reminded to thank her later.

"phew" she huffed, it's not even halfway of the day yet it already tired her out. she focuses on the files and mails she received after stepping out for a moment, collecting a pile and standing up to deliver them to her boss.

another knock interrupted yoongi from his work. he muttered "come in." in a monotone voice, assuming that it was jennie who promised to buy him lunch.

"mr. min?" oh. it's jihyo. yoongi looked up to see a smiling jihyo, holding some paperworks.

he shook his head lightly, before adjusting a bit as jihyo entered the room. she carefully placed the stack of papers on his desk. "these just need your signatures, it's the final version of the proposal you requested." she explains.

yoongi just stared at her face. she looks happy, as if something good happened. there goes my chance... he thought.

"just put them somewhere there." he immediately returned to his paperworks. jihyo noticed his mood, but decided to not ask about it for now. "alright." she complied, gently putting the files down and bowing slightly before leaving the room.

yoongi let out a big sigh after jihyo left the room. "it's as if everything i did was nothing..." he ran a hand through his hair.

the door was pushed open again, but this time it was jennie, who was holding a couple of plastic bags in her hands.

"what took you so long?" he asked her. "oh, just bumped into someone..." she answered, before preparing the food.

jaebum went down the rooftop alone, a small smile in his face. he initially wanted to get food as lunch break still isn't finished, but on his way he saw someone struggling with her belongings.

he ran up to her, "here. let me carry them for you." jaebum offered, smiling at the girl before taking all the things in her hands.

"thanks..." she muttered. "not a problem. i'm jaebum." he introduced himself, before gesturing the girl to lead the way.

"oh, i'm jennie." the girl replied, pressing her lips together as she led the way. "ah, you're the boss' fiancée then!" jaebum recognized her name immediately. jennie scrunched her nose, slightly cringing at the word. "y-yeah, i guess you could say that."

the two made their way to yoongi's office, with just him following behind her back. they didn't talk afterwards, but the silence wasn't uncomfortable.

jennie turned around just as they were entering the department where yoongi's office was located.

"it's fine here, i can manage." she said, before taking the plastic bags from him. "alright then, i'll see you." he bowed and walked away, not forgetting to smile before turning around.

jennie watched his figure walking away, not noticing the small smile that was starting to creep on her face.

"maybe this place isn't so bad..." jennie thought, and she takes a second to shake her thoughts and go back to the reality.

what did happen at the rooftop? stay tuned!!~