TWENTYFOURTH CHAPTER

The Plot

Mai saw Ji drive up, waved at him and immediately reported to her husband over the phone. "They're already here."

"Good" Teddy answered "Are you sure you're going to be alright on your own?"

"Of course I am" she answered "Dara needs someone to look after her and as much as I would love it that Ji Yong be that person, we can't let them both be too carried away can we?"

Her husband laughed and she could just imagine that if he was there, he'd be pinching her nose. "Call me if you need anything ok?"

"I surely will" she replied "Ji has just parked, I'll talk to you later Daddy. Bye."

"I love you Mommy."

"I love you too" she quickly whispered and pocketed her phone. She walked towards Ji.

"Noona!" he greeted in surprise.

"Mrs. Lee is in Busan for a conference and she'll be returning tomorrow morning. I told her I'll look after Dara because she was really worried."

"But how about Taisho? Hasn't he arrived from camp yet?"

"That young man won't be arriving from camp until the day after tomorrow so it's ok. Rather than being alone at home, I'll be glad to look after Dara. Your hyung is on night shift anyway so I have no one I need to think about except for this woman right here."

"Are you sure noona?"

Mai smiled at the obvious reluctance on Ji's face. "Of course I am. Now, why hasn't she gotten down yet?"

"Oh... uhmmm... I think she fell asleep during the drive."

"Well... let her sleep then. Can you carry her to her room?" Mai slowly opened the door of his car and reached for Dara's bag "I've had her bed prepared about 30 minutes ago."

Ji seemed unsure whether he should really carry Dara but Mai didn't give him a choice by instantly leading the way for him to follow.

"What took you guys so long?" she asked casually, opening the front door and going up the stairs.

"She was trying to prolong leaving" Ji answered, gently cradling the Head Nurse in his arms and worriedly glanced at Mai "Her temperature is spiking up, noona. I think I should bring her back to the hospital."

"Are you sure?" Mai asked him, without pausing as they climbed up the stairs "Dara wouldn't really like being admitted to the clinic and I'm sure she'd say that we should have observed first whether it was really something she needed to go to the hospital for. I know a nasty flu is going around but hers might not be as bad as that, right?"

Ji could easily imagine Dara doing just as Mai had mentioned. It was ironic really how people in the medical field were actually more reluctant to have themselves admitted in a clinic than other people – most especially if it was in a clinic where they work.

"We'll observe then how she fares for this day" he answered "If she gets any worse, please call any of us up and we'll admit her."

Mai nodded.

"Here we are" she announced as they stopped in front of a door at the end of the corridor. A window at the wall facing the sea told Ji that Dara's room would most probably have a view of the beach.

Mai opened the door and knew Ji would be in for quite a surprise.