FORTYSEVENTH CHAPTER

Different kinds of battles

"I don't think it should be a problem Dara", Teddy informed her as soon as she let him know of her misgivings about being voted the clinic's representative for the Queen of Fire competition, "And congratulations too on the good news about you and Atty. Park. I'm sure he's really happy."

She smiled at this. "I'm really happy about it too. I actually just can't believe it's happening this fast."

Teddy stood up to hug her. "Well... after all the hard work you've put into this hospital, Seunghyun would agree with me in saying you deserve everything wonderful in the world. You're like a sister to all of us and any man who makes you happy has our support."

"Thank you... oppa", she answered uncertainly. She and Teddy rarely talked informally outside of the office except for their Saturday get-togethers and even then, she didn't call him oppa much. It is a little disarming, but it isn't awkward. And the sincerity in his voice touched her.

He and the other doctors might be Ji's cousins but they have none of his coldness.

"Maybe you should start calling me that now since you'll be leaving us soon", he suggested when they separated.

"Who's leaving soon?", a voice that made her heart do somersaults broke into their conversation and she didn't turn for fear of looking like an utter fool.

"Dara just submitted to me her resignation letter". Teddy looked towards the door of his office where she is sure the "Devil" is standing.

She heard him step closer and a hand on her shoulder had her turning towards him as he asked, "You're leaving???"

His face is clean-shaven, smelling of that perfume she had come to know so well and looking every inch the man of her dreams that she had to step back a little just to get a hold of herself. "Ye – Yes Dr. Kwon. I believe you just heard Dr. Park say so."

Nothing in his face could give away to Dara what he could really be thinking.

Is he unfazed by the information?

Does he care?

Is he going to stop her?

She mentally slapped herself for even thinking about what he could be feeling and for hoping he would say anything that would refrain her from leaving. She had said goodbye to him, hadn't she?

There is nothing more into this conversation but his mere curiosity, she told herself. "He's merely curious", she put up like a mantra on replay.

"Can't handle us anymore NursePark?", he jested.

"You wish Dr. Kwon", she answered, feeling life run into her veins at the reminder of how they used to be and hating herself for it.

One of the nurses popped up Teddy's office. "Dr. Park, you're needed at Mr. Gok's room."

The older man nodded and pocketed his stethoscope that was on the table. "Before I go, is there anything you need Ji?"

"We can talk about it later hyung. Go to Mr. Gok first", Ji replied.

"I'll get back to you in awhile", Teddy told him and left them.

She began to step away too but Ji reached out for her hand.

"Why are you leaving?", he asked her.

She looked down and followed his eyes that are now looking at her ring finger. She took her hand from him.