THIRTYTHIRD CHAPTER

A devil with a plan is always obvious

"Did Dara leave already?", Daesung asked Minji as Ji, who was on his way out, paused a bit to pretend to look at his phone.

Just like his cousin, he wanted to know the answer.

"The Head Nurse left a while ago Doctor. Do you need anything to be signed?", Minji answered, "I'm on my way out too but I can assist you."

Unable to help himself, Ji smiled at that piece of information and headed for the exit.

"You got a message from a girl?", Young Bae asked him, walking towards him from the corridor on his left, pointing at his phone.

"You're leaving?", he diverted and pocketed the phone.

"Yep!", his best friend answered and put on a knowing smile, "And you didn't answer my question."

"No. The message did not come from a girl", Ji told him and couldn't resist giving a jibe as they continued to walk towards the parking lot, "Unlike you, of course, who I heard has been receiving too many messages from girls."

Young Bae looked around him, innocently asking, "Who you talking about? I know no one who receives too many messages."

Ji smiled back, his eyes twinkling like a kid plotting something devious but feigning complete innocence like his best friend. "Oh it isn't you? Now... I don't know too. I just heard about it but whoever that man is who has too many girls tailing him, he sure ain't going to hitch a ride with me. He could prove a competition and I don't wanna be doing him favors."

"Oh come on!", Young Bae groaned.

He laughed aloud. "Maybe not tonight man."

"You got plans?", Young Bae asked curiously, his eyes visibly brightening and his ears perking up like a dog's – completely forgetting Ji's crack at him.

"Yep", Ji answered.

"Woah! Woah! Woah!"

Shaking his head, Ji unlocked his car door. Young Bae's face gave it all away for him... he couldn't tell anyone yet who he was having a date with because everyone would most probably hit the roof with the answer. Add to that the gossip that would most surely follow right after. "I'm just joking."

"Ow", his best friend muttered disappointedly, "I thought you were going to –"

"Going to?"

Young Bae bit on his lip in deep thought and followed him into the car, seating on the passenger seat. "Well... I thought you were going to go out on a date. I mean... you've been here for some time now. No one caught your eye yet?"

From his tone, Ji knows his best friend is not only concerned about it, he is also FISHING. And he couldn't really blame the guy for he had kept mum about women since his arrival – avoiding them unless they were members of the hospital staff. He sometimes even asks Minji (in all seriousness) that she choose carefully the women she would schedule for his clinic.

He didn't want to be involved with anyone – most especially a patient.

He had no intentions whatsoever of being attached to any Islander but here he is – on his way to a date with Dara – the granddaughter of one of the most influential islanders in Jeju.

"Eagle 1... Eagle 1...", Young Bae almost screamed into his ear.

"What the?!?", he pulled away in annoyance.

"I was talking to you and then you drifted off."

He remembered to start the car and shrugged his shoulders again. "There's no one to talk about", he lied.