THIRTYEIGHT CHAPTER

The one who was first

"So... he's the lawyer who Dara dumped. This is the first time for me to actually see him" Young Bae confirmed with Seungri, who had now gotten over the excitement of his return and had settled down for a bottle of beer with his cousins.

The celebration had risen to a whole other level and the ladies had decided to take another table for themselves to keep up with Chaerin's stories. The men, though, had remained in their table and had ordered two more cases of beer.

"He is" Seungri validated as they looked at Jay and Dara who were talking, rather comfortably, in the bar. The "man of the hour" was holding Dara's hand as he regaled her with stories without breaking eye contact.

Ji was feeling claws come out of his arms as his other cousins looked on. In his imagination, those claws have already ripped through Jay and Dara was focused on him again – her liquid eyes back to where they should really be.

"How did you meet up with him?" Seunghyun asked the youngest doctor, cutting through Ji's imagination and bringing him back to the table.

"We met him when we landed in Sta. Lucia. He suddenly hugged Chaerin and I almost punched him" Seungri answered "But he's a really cool guy when you get to hang-out with him."

"Why did he come back here?" It was Ji's turn to ask.

Seungri took another slug of beer and smiled "He's actually really planning to go here."

"Oh" Ji uttered as they all tilted their heads in curiosity. The man was planning to go here? For what?

"He's just had a promotion and he was in Sta. Lucia for vacation. He's been asked to move to LA to practice so he was spending as much time on his own and strategizing his game" Seungri explained "He told Chaerin he's going to propose to Dara and ask her to move with him."

"No Way!" the Dragon exclaimed, almost upending the table.

All the men held on to their bottles of beer and looked at Ji bewilderedly.

"Ji?" Daesung reached for his arm – looking at him uncertainly.

Trying to gain back his footing when he realized how his reaction was uncalled for, Ji shook his head and immediately apologized – grasping for an excuse that he could use. "Ow... uhmmmm... sorry" he told all of them "I – I was trying to check out one of the tourists and... and she just went out with someone else."

Young Bae raised an eye brow at this and scanned the area for a glimpse of what Ji was talking about.

"Oh well... calm yourself down" Seunghyun told him "I'm sure there's going to be another one along."

"I didn't see you checking out someone" Seungri wondered, doing the same as Young Bae "Man! It has 'been' long since I last saw you hyung, I don't even know anymore how you go off checking out the ladies."

"Oh yeah" Ji answered distractedly, trying to refocus on the discussion.

"So... is he going to propose to her immediately?" Daesung now asked, getting back into what they were discussing.

"I'm not sure" Seungri answered "but be prepared for a lot of cheesiness in the following days. He's going to court her full blast and I heard him tell Chaerin that he's very sure Dara won't be able to say no."

Glass broke and all of their heads turned towards Ji.

"Don't tell us somebody you're checking out went with another guy again" Young Bae muttered.