TWENTYSIXTH CHAPTER

Something cooking

"How is Dara?" Young Bae asked Teddy who just arrived for his shift.

He and Ji Yong were both in the locker room, dressing up to leave when the Ji's oldest cousin walked in.

"Mai told me her temperature's spiking up and down and she's a little worried but she'll check for the night and if it doesn't get any better in the morning, she'll be taking her back here."

"Does Mai-noona need any help?" Young Bae asked worriedly "They're only two women alone in that house and it might not be a good idea."

"Jeju's a very peaceful place" Teddy replied.

"I wasn't implying that hyung" Young Bae immediately cleared up "I just mean that it would be difficult for the two of them if in case Mai-noona would need to rush her to the hospital."

"Well, I did tell her to call me immediately" Teddy answered "but you know you're noona, she's as stubborn as a mule."

"We'll check up on the both of them then."

Teddy smiled "That would be great!"

"You drive Ji" Young Bae told him.

"I – what?!?"

"You drive" Young Bae repeated nonchalantly, checking whether he had packed up everything he needed "I wasn't able to bring a car today and just hitched a ride with Seunghyun but if we're both going to Dara's, we'll need to bring your car instead."

"But I didn't volunteer to go" Ji complained.

Teddy and Young Bae exchanged glances. "I know" Young Bae answered "I volunteered the both of us."

Ji rolled his eyes "If you just want to see Dara, you don't need to tag me along."

Young Bae laughed, his eyes sparkling with a light that Ji wasn't comfortable with "Oh. I'm not doing this for myself."

Immediately defensive, Ji closed his locker and zipped up his bag, "And what do you mean by that?"

Young Bae's smugness didn't leave him "I just mean I'm not doing this for myself" he explained "I'm doing this for Dara. That woman takes care of all of us here. There's nothing wrong with checking up on her right? What did you think I meant?"

Not liking the way things were turning out, Ji tried to control himself from losing his patience with his cousin's and friend's knowing comments about him and the Head Nurse.

He was finding it hard every minute to fight off whatever he was feeling and what they were doing was not helping him at all.

"I just asked" he finally answered, not ready and not willing to admit anything to anyone (even to those close to him).

"Why don't we go then?" Young Bae placed a hand on his shoulder, his smile unchanging, making Ji want to hit him with something rock solid "Dara might be needing a knight in shining armor and one of us might fit the bill."

***

Child's play

"Are you guys up to something?" Ji asked his best friend bracingly as they drove out of the parking lot.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Young Bae asked innocently, making himself as comfortable as he can in the passenger seat.