FORTY FIFTH CHAPTER

A Toast to the Queen

"Congratulations!!!", Chaerin greeted her as soon as she and Jay entered the house. They had just come from a walk on the beach and are about to wash off their feet to leave for dinner when her cousin surprised them with such an announcement.

Dara looked curiously at Jay. "What did you tell her?"

The lawyer cocked an eyebrow in complete innocence, "I didn't tell her anything."

Chaerin looked stupefied. "Is he supposed to tell me anything?"

"No", Dara answered

"Yes", Jay answered at the same time.

"Hold on! Hold on! I'm confused", her cousin told them just as Seungri popped up from right behind her.

"Seungri!", Dara greeted – completely forgetting what they were discussing about at the sight of the couple.

"Noona!", Seungri smiled down at her and nodded at Jay, "Hyung."

"Are you guys staying?", Dara asked the couple, "Why didn't you tell me beforehand? I could have cooked."

"Don't worry about it", Chaerin's mother answered from the inside of the house, "I'm onto it."

"Auntie!", Dara reprimanded the old woman, heading towards the kitchen where she knows she'd find the Lee matriarch, while the rest followed. "Let me do that. You should be resting."

"Did anything happen?", Chaerin asked both women.

"It's nothing", her Aunt answered.

"Auntie sprained her ankle last night trying to change the curtains in her bedroom", Dara quipped.

"I most certainly did not young lady", the old woman denied with her "Principal" voice – as she and Chaerin called it.

"Omma!", Chaerin exclaimed, "You told me you just hit a stool when you were on your way down that's why you were limping!"

"I said that because I didn't want you making such a big fuss over it as you are doing so now."

Seungri immediately supported his mother-in-law and guided her towards a chair that Jay propped up. "How many times have I told you Omma?", Chaerin chastised, "You shouldn't be moving around too much. Seungri told you that the operation you had last year isn't going to make things easier. It's a miracle you're almost back to like you were before but don't stretch it out too much ok?"

"I was just trying to change the curtains", her Aunt replied, "The next time I do something like that... I'll make sure not to ever let the both of you know because the whole house explodes like World War II's going on outside."