THIRTYSIXTH CHAPTER

A Page from your imagination

"I tried" Ji told her, looking deep into her eyes after her explosive admission that she wanted more than anything else to let him have his way with the experiment.

"And what have you tried?", she asked innocently.

"I tried not to want you."

She gave him a curious look, her eyes slowly burning into gold, as her courage beckoned to him. "And why not?"

It was very unexpected yet so in character with the Dara he was beginning to know that Ji couldn't help but smile in spite of the fact that what she had asked him was a very loaded question. And he knew that far more than anyone else, it was the most difficult question to answer.

Why would he, a man who everyone knew always went for what he wanted, just decide to fight off his attraction to her? How could he even begin to explain to her that since the first time he saw her, the first time they had battled wits, the first time they shared a kiss, he had found himself trying to fend off everything he was feeling because against his will he was getting too emotionally attached?

He was starting to feel things he hadn't felt with any other woman before that it was crazy. However, he had to concede that she had a point.

Why shouldn't he want her?

She had the ability to stir up things inside him and just the mere fact that she was the first woman he had actually wanted to show the hut to should speak volumes to him already but even now he had been trying to dismiss it.

It was beginning to irritate the hell out of him that for the past days she was proving to be his weakness and he knew it was something he shouldn't entertain at all.

Weak men become vulnerable men. They become men who couldn't think straight. Men who let their guard down. Men who wouldn't be able to leave once they knew they need to.

"Ji?"

She was waiting for his response but there was no answer he could truthfully give her. Instead he said, "Because it might shock you."

Her eyes widening, she looked down – endearingly suffused by shyness. Ji wanted to lift her face to have her eyes look back at him but decided this was a critical point for both of them.

Pressing her finger tips to his arms, she finally looked back up at him.

"But I want you just the same way" she answered boldly and Ji felt his whole body turn rock solid – some even harder than others.

"Do you really know what you're asking for?"

"Yes" she replied with growing resolve "I've known it since the moment you had me skinny dipping on the beach."

Ji heard her words.

He also saw how the pale yellow light illuminating the room played across the beauty of her features. His glance then moved slowly over her entire body and suddenly, he didn't want to talk anymore. He wanted to do what he'd been fighting for almost two weeks now.

There was no one around in the whole orchard. It was as if they were in their own private world. It was just the two of them and the wide-open span of orange trees. More than anything, he wanted to make love to her here, on the floor, in the living room, under the stars above that twinkled through the glass roof. Right this minute. But he thought of her comfort.

"Will you go to the bedroom with me?" he asked silkily, more than sure she knew the reason he was asking.