iv. this is me trying

CHAPTER FOUR !── "this is me trying"

CHAPTER FOUR !
── "this is me trying"

❁❀❁❀❁

               OLIVIA HATED HERSELF FOR FALLING victim to James' stupid puppy eyes.

He claims that it's good for her to absorb sunlight every once in a while since she doesn't often leave the comfort of her dorm unless it's either for class or food. Not that there was much sun anyway. Autumn brought nothing but chilly winds and cloudy skies as Olivia sat bundled up on the bleachers with her cheeks pink from the cold and a prominent frown on her face.

She woke up that day with James Potter throwing her door open and launching himself on her bed. How anyone could be cheerful at six in the morning was beyond her.

"Wake up, Olivia," he called loudly, trying to pull the duvet away from her.

She groaned as she buried her face deeper into her pillows. "Leave me alone, Potter."

"It's time to get up," he insisted, successfully pulling her covers away. "It's morning."

She glares at him. "Goddamn it, Potter. So what if it's morning? What am I suppose to do? Photosynthesis?"

He smirked, grabbing both her wrist and pulling her up. 

"Come on. We got to start the day and be productive. It's a new day with new possibilities."

Olivia glared at him, trying to make herself as heavy as possible, but James wasn't even struggling. "Obviously you have mistaken me for somebody who gives a shit."

Needless to say, he ended up convincing her to go out and she ended up grumpy which Sirius would argue is her usual state anyways. She hasn't even gotten her breakfast yet.

Unfortunately, Remus caught a flu and opted to stay in bed and rest it away. Peter had to go meet Lily Evans who agreed to help tutor him before his Charms exam later that day, and Sirius flew around with James so she sat there absolutely alone. 

Funny how this wouldn't have bothered her less than a month ago, but now Olivia somehow felt odd without the obnoxious boys on either sides of her.

She watched as Sirius and some Gryffindor chaser she didn't know continuously throw the quaffle to the keeper who was trying his hardest to block it. James had released a snitch and was making their seeker, Mary McDonald, look for it. The two beaters ran laps as fast as their brooms could manage while James flew above them all and gave instructions.

Quidditch was not a sport Olivia found necessary. She simply didn't find joy in watching people fly around chasing a ball while trying to kill each other and avoid being killed. But then again, Olivia had always been the kind who'd rather stay in her room with a good book so maybe she shouldn't be the one judging something she's never tried before.