──thirty three

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

𝐓𝐖:
𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝
- 𝐟𝐚*𝐠𝐨𝐭

KATHERINE SUMMERS HAD ALWAYS BEEN a carefree girl. She's the embodiment of a true hufflepuff. She's just, loyal and with a big heart, which was why as soon as she found out there will be a rescue mission for Olivia and Regulus, she had been one of the first to sign up.

Of course so had James, Lily and Sirius, but they were deemed too emotionally unstable and so it was only Kat. She'd be accompanying Amara and Samuel along with Alastor Moody and an auror in training named Kingsley Shacklebolt.

They're unable to call for actual aurors considering that would come with explaining who Olivia is and why it's so important for her and Regulus to be rescued as well as the fact that the ministry is crawling with death eaters. They simply can't risk it.

They're unofficial members of the order now, Dumbledore says and Kat had beamed with pride to be part of something determined to make the world a better place for the generations to come.

"This is bloody stupid," Sirius grumbled in anger. "He's my little brother."

Kat wanted to walk over to him and calm him down but the situation between her and Sirius isn't actually fixed just yet. When he found out Olivia and Regulus had been taken, it was Kat he first went to and she held him, becoming the emotional support he needed. She let him cry and allowed herself to be the calm Sirius needed her to be, but they still haven't talked about it.

But Kat isn't sure if she wanted them to talk about it.

The truth is, Katherine Summers loves Sirius Black with every fiber of her being. But loving Sirius came with losing herself and that's simply something Kat can't afford to happen again.

Her love for him consumes her in a way it becomes the only thing that matters. He becomes the focal point of her universe and the only thing her mind ever thinks about. And that was seriously fucked up, because love shouldn't be like that. Kat doesn't believe in all the 'you complete me' bullshit because you shouldn't ever allow yourself to fall for someone without finding yourself first. That just sounds like a recipe for heartbreak. You shouldn't depend on this person to 'fix' you. Love should be equal. It should be growth. Your universe shouldn't revolve around this one person.

Perhaps the real problem was that Kat loved Sirius too much. She had loved him so much, determined to fix his broken pieces that she had ended up ignoring her own. She had given him all of her that she could give without leaving anything for herself.

And when he left her that one summer night, Kat felt like the moon split in half and the stars crumbled. She watched her world fall apart when her love left her.

And Katherine simply cannot let that happen again. Their love is all consuming, the type to claw at every atom in her body till it's all that she knows and the heartbreak that came with it, oh it had destroyed her. Kat had spent so long trying to pick up the broken pieces of herself that Sirius left and she's only just started healing.

Kat simply can't risk her heart again. Not even for Sirius.

And so she kept her distance. She held him at arm's length, but Sirius seems to have a way of slithering into places she doesn't want him to be and Kat found herself falling hard again. She found herself going back to that same routine and so she stepped back before she got in too deep.