──eighteen

AMARA KINSLEY IS A REALIST. She never allows herself to hope for things that she knows will only disappoint her in the end. Amara has no time to be idealistic. Being first born in a family where both emotional and physical abuse is a normal thing, Amara was assigned to try and protect her younger siblings as much as she could, even if that meant taking beatings for them.

Maxwell had been the most rebellious. He had no problem speaking his thoughts and so that meant that Amara took extra care of him. She had spent many nights of her childhood claiming to have told him the things he blurted out. She took responsibility for the things he had done many times, with scars littering her body to prove it. And when he died, Amara swore she'd make sure Olivia and Samuel would never have to follow the same fate.

She didn't want to leave, but she knew she had to. After reading Maxwell's journal and finding out why he had chosen to do the things he had done, Amara swore she'd prevent it from happening again.

She found out that it all revolved around Olivia. Amara's only thoughts then was not Olivia. Oh, God. Not my baby sister.

Olivia was the youngest, granted only minutes after Maxwell, but she had always been the most fragile. She loved to believe that she could control her emotions well, but they knew different. Olivia feels things to such an extreme level that she becomes overwhelmed with it and so she tries to push it down, ignoring it till she finally explodes. Olivia is also the most innocent out of all the children, or perhaps the most clueless. Her hands are not tainted by blood like her siblings'. She had never pointed her wand at someone with the intent to cause permanent pain and Amara is determined to keep it that way.

So she packed her bags. She told no one but Samuel. She followed Maxwell's instructions and wishes. She gave Olivia the journal a few years after like Maxwell wanted. She traveled to different countries, looking for the seer who had foretold the prophecy. What Amara quickly learned was that it's impossible to track a person who sees the future, but she wasn't going to give up that quickly. Every dead end she encountered didn't deter her. She was doing it for Olivia, her baby sister that she would lay down her life for. She was determined to find the seer, find a way to reverse the prophecy, find a loophole.

Her and Samuel had dedicated their lives to keeping their little sister safe and now she's pregnant?

And with James Potter's child no less. Some things Amara never thought she'd ever hear.

Perhaps she reacted badly when she found out, but it's impossible to not see Olivia as the six year old sneaking in her room with the teddy bear Amara had knitted in her muggle studies class clutched in her little hands, lips trembling and teary eyes illuminated by the moonlight.

Amara loves her siblings with every part of her. She had dedicated her life for them, for Olivia. She's not a bad sister. She reacted badly and maybe it's time to own up to her mistakes, but Amara had never been good at saying sorry.

All she ever wanted was for Olivia to live a full and happy life. If this baby and James Potter will give her that then so be it. She never expected to live long enough anyway. Olivia's death had been prophesied but Amara has every intention to take her place.

"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" Said a strong scottish accent, making Amara look up from her drink to see a blonde boy with a big smile and a radiant face.

"I'm meeting someone," she answers, taking a sip from her beer.

"Meeting someone, ey?" He asked as he cleaned the counter. "The only people to come 'round here are the dodgy ones."

Amara raised an eyebrow. "Are you one of the dodgy ones?"

"I could be." He shrugged nonchalantly with a teasing grin on his lips, yet Amara finds herself not believing his words. His face was too kind, his smile too wide, his eyes too warm and his words too inviting.