──twenty one

twenty one.

OLIVIA FEELS AS IF SHE'S GOING TO BE SICK. She wants to roll down the window of Kat's muggle car and vomit the contains of her stomach. She couldn't stop her fingers from reaching over to the strings of her coat and fiddling with them nervously.

Kat was driving the car, Sirius beside her while Olivia, James and Kat's sister, Bianca, sat behind them. Remus, Lily and Peter had to go home to their own families first but had promised to spend New Years with them at the Potters while Lucas was still too young to be allowed to go with them without his legal guardian's permission and so he was forced to go back to the orphanage with the promise of letters from the group.

James had insisted to his parents that there was no need for them to head out to King's Cross to pick up the teenagers considering Kat has her car in the parking lot and they lived side by side. Olivia is thankful for this as it gives her more time to prepare herself. She knows there's no reason to be this terrified seeing as Euphemia's letter had very much shown that they're very excited to meet her, but she can't help herself.

Will she be able to live up to their expectations of her? Were they only pretending in the letter, but actually hated her in real life? Will they even want their son to be with her? She had gotten pregnant at seventeen by a one night stand. She knew it sounded bad and reckless and to most people, a lot like the biggest mistake she'd ever made and will ever make. It has very very serious consequences. They'd have to put their lives on pause and rethink their entire futures. What if his parents think that she had ruined their son's life by getting pregnant? James is smart as Olivia was quick to figure out. He was smart and brave and determined. She's sure he has a bright future ahead of him.

James reached for her hand, intertwining their fingers together upon seeing the slight tremble in her movements. He doesn't understand why, but her fear of meeting his parents can almost be considered as irrational considering she had already gotten a letter from them assuring her of their acceptance in their family. But Sirius had tried to make him understand the long lasting effects that comes with being told she's worthless her entire life. Olivia has trust issues. She won't simply accept words.

"Calm down," he told her softly. "It's going to be fine, I promise you."

Olivia simply bit her lower lip nervously as she met his eyes.

"And they say they're only friends," Sirius mutters from the front seat, making the two turn to him and glare. "I wasn't aware they changed 'hopelessly in love with each other' to 'friends'."

"They did around the time you told me that you and Kat were only friends after hooking up in your bathroom multiple times," James fired back.

"And with a broken arm too," Bianca added, smirking at her sister in the rearview mirror. "That takes skills."

"Hey, at least I have a pull out game, unlike someone I know."

"And we're here!" Kat cut off loudly to interrupt their conversation as she pulled over in front of the two white mansions proudly standing side by side.

When Kat had told her that she's neighbors with James, she hadn't realized it literally meant thirty feet away from each other's front doors.

She shivered as the cold air of winter London hit her at full force once she stepped out of the car. Olivia had no time to gather herself as the front door flew open, revealing a woman in her mid-sixties stepping out with a bright smile.

"Fleamont!" The woman called loudly inside the house, her shrill voice causing the birds to fly away. "They're here!"

Before Olivia knew it, she was being pulled into a tight hug as James got the trunks. For a moment, Olivia stood stunned with her arms awkwardly hanging on her sides before she finally hugged the woman back. She can smell cookie dough on the her, which gives Olivia the impression that a fresh batch of cookies awaits her inside the house.