──thirty six

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"BABE, JUST HOLD HIM."

"No."

"He's not going to self-destruct if you touch him."

"No, but I might."

Samuel rolled his eyes at his boyfriend's stubbornness, cuddling little Max to his chest. "Come on, Oliva trusts you. Right, Liv?"

"Yeah," Olivia muttered absentmindedly as her eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out how to properly braid Nymphadora's hair. Both Charlie Weasley and Luacas are watching with wide eyes, waiting for the turn Olivia promised them.

"I don't think that means much considering she's letting Sirius put her daughter on a broom," Remus says, making Olivia look up so fast, she's sure she heard a snap.

"What?!" Olivia exclaimed, and sure enough, she saw Sirius on a broom hovering more or less than five feet above ground, Mari happily giggling on his lap. "Sirius Orion fucking Black! If you don't put my daughter down, I will fucking skin you alive!"

"James," Olivia called to the man chatting with Kat and Lily. "Figure out how to braid their hair, I'm gonna go save our child from your true love."

"Oi, Pads!" James called wrapping an arm around Olivia's waist to stop her march to Sirius' direction. "Put Mari down, won't you?"

"But she's having fun!"

"She won't be having any fun at all if she falls and breaks her fragile, little bones!" Olivia screamed back.

Even from afar, Olivia could see Sirius rolling his eyes as he slowly descended. "Fine."

"And you." James then faced Olivia, giving her that god fucking smile. "I thought we talked about letting our friends handle the twins for a little bit so we can relax?"

Olivia heaved a sigh. "I can't really relax when my daughter is hovering five feet on air."

"You know he doesn't mean harm," James calmly explained.

"I know. That doesn't stop me from worrying."

"Stop worrying, Liv," Lily butts in, still in her work clothes but having dumped her sweatshirt already. "I'll take Mari from idiot 2 over there."

Olivia let out a sigh of relief. "Yes, please. Thank you, Lils."

Lily gave her a wide smile, like a preschooler getting a star from her teacher. "Of course."

"Okay, now, will you calm down?" James said, gently pushing her back onto her inclined seat where the three children are patiently talking among themselves.

"Fine, but keep my kids off brooms," she muttered. Lily took Mari from Sirius. Max is happily giggling while being cuddled by his uncle and so Olivia allowed herself to relax.

She stared at Nymphadora's hair, realizing she still had no clue how to properly braid a kid's hair. Having enough, she muttered a spell under her breath and Dora's hair braided on it's own. She did the same for Lucas and Charlie, finally getting the kids off of her.