──thirty five

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

IT FELT AS IF AS SOON as Olivia's head touched the pillow, she was out. Yet it was just as fast when her eyes flew open due to the matching screaming that she's sure woke everyone else in the gigantic manor.

Both James and Olivia let out a sigh as the ear piercing cries continued.

"You get them," Olivia said. "I carried them in the womb for seven and a half months and they had the audacity to look like you so you get up at three am."

James chuckled as he pulled himself up. "You can't use that forever, you know?"

"I can and I will," Olivia muttered, already falling back to sleep.

James smiled at his sleeping fiance before exiting the room to head to the twins' shared nursery. The problem with having twins is that when one cries, the other immediately follows. Even though it's mostly just Max who has the tendency to wake up in the middle of the night, Mari - having been rudely awoken - would also start crying. James and Olivia are seriously considering giving them rooms of their own because of this.

They had also decided to call the two Max and Mari instead of their full names. They had named their children after the two who had left such a big impact in Olivia's life to honor them but that didn't mean they wanted their kids to grow up having that pressure placed on them just because their namesakes had done incredible things in their lifetimes. James and Olivia want their kids to form their own self identity.

"What do you two little buggers want?" James asked them as he checked their diapers.

Mari's cries - the calmer of the two - immediately starts to cease once she hears her father's voice but Max's was not relenting.

"Are you hungry, bud?" He asked softly as he picked up the tiny infant to check his nappy. He did the same for Mari but found both still clean.

James thanked God for magic as he wordlessly acciod Olivia's pumped milk from the kitchen and performed a heating spell to warm it up. He placed both bottles on the table by the rocking chair before picking up the two infants, balancing them with his arms before settling in the chair.

Feeding both babies at the same time alone was a very difficult task at first, especially before Euphemia suggested they use a levitating spell then came the challenge of mastering wandless and wordless magic considering he can't exactly be waving his wand around while holding two babies with both arms. Thankfully, the young parents easily mastered it after almost a month since they brought the twins home.

"You guys have to let your mommy rest sometimes," he softly told the two once they finally quieted after finally getting their milk. Mari looked at him with her wide hazel eyes and James smiled at her.

Max was already starting to fall asleep and obviously couldn't care less about what his father is saying so long as he gets his food. It took only two weeks for the healers to allow Mari to leaveSt. Mungos while it had taken little Maxwell Potter a month. The healers say it's only normal for one twin to develop at a faster rate than the other and so there was nothing to worry about but the twins still visit St. Mungos once a month for an annual check up just to make sure they're developing nicely.