──thirty seven

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"THE TINY HUMANS ARE SCARING ME."

"What?"

"The tiny humans," James repeats, crawling under the covers beside her. "Are they supposed to be shitting this much?"

"James, did you just call your children tiny humans?"

He smirked, wrapping an arm around her waist and placing his head on her lap. "What about it? They're tiny humans who poop a lot. Do you know what your son did? Max pooped on the changing table while I was fetching his nappy and getting clothes for him. He bloody shat on the changing table just as I finished cleaning his ass."

"Hey, at least he didn't poop on you like Mari did on me," Olivia said, grimacing at the memory. "You also called Lucas a tiny human before."

"Well, Lucas isn't exactly so tiny anymore," James mused, thinking back to the picture he had received of Lucas winning his first quidditch match as the Slytherin's seeker. He had a growth spurt, growing over a foot taller over the summer, needing almost all of his trousers and jumpers changed.

"That's what you call growing, James."

"Will Max and Mari grow as fast?" James frowned. "Because I want them to stay as babies forever."

"Even if they poop on the changing table and wake up at three am?"

James seems to have not heard her as his frown only deepened. "Will they still sleep on my chest once they grow up?"

Olivia smiled, running her hand through his hair. "I'm not so sure they'd both still fit on your chest."

"Let's make more babies," he says with his face so bright it's as if he just came up with an idea to cure cancer.

Olivia's movements immediately stopped as she looked at him with the most unimpressed face. "That's not happening unless you find a way to pop the baby out of your vagina."

James grinned at her, pulling himself up so he can connect their lips. "I just might, you never know."

Before Olivia could answer, a glowing figure of a wolf appeared and Remus' panicking voice filled the room; "Voldemort is attacking Hogwarts, hurry!"

It was at that moment that Olivia felt her heart drop as she thought back to the twelve year old little boy in the castle she called home.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

THE EARTH IS LITTERED WITH ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.

It was a quote from a book Olivia was reading the day before and as she stepped foot into Hogwarts, it was the only thing running in her head.

They were too late. Hogwarts had fallen and with her hand tightly clasped around James', the roar of the battle rings painfully in her ears.

However, neither of them had time to process it as a spell was immediately sent to their direction, one that James easily deflected.

"I have to go find Lucas," Olivia immediately said.

"We're not separating," he insisted.

"Prongs!" Sirius called, hair falling to his face and pants coming from his lips as his alert eyes met with his brother's. "I can't find Remus and Wormtail."