──twenty six

twenty six.

"LUCAS WILLIAM POTTER! I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW, IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ARSE IN HERE RIGHT THIS MINUTE, I WILL TAKE OUT THE TELLY IN YOUR ROOM."

"Calm down, James," Olivia says with a roll of her eyes, having enough of his screaming.

James ignores her. "Lucas! I'm telling─"

"I'm here!" The eleven year old cuts off with a roll of his eyes, running down the stairs clad in his Christmas onesie.

The Potter family had decided against their traditional christmas gala this year and had favored to stay in instead. However, everyone had woken up with red, Christmas pajamas by the foot of their beds courtesy of Euphemia.

"Did you really need ten minutes to fix your hair?" James asked the boy as he led him to the living where everyone else is.

"Leave him alone, James," Olivia scolds as she scoots over to give Lucas space. The little boy was quick to lean onto her, letting Olivia run her hands through his mass of curly hair.

James rolls his eyes playfully as he takes Lucas' other side. "You're spoiling him."

Olivia raises an eyebrow. "Am I? Was I the one who gave him another slice of cake last night after he already brushed his teeth?"

James and Lucas shared a look considering that both of them had promised each other not to tell the pregnant lady.

"James!" Euphemia scolded, having heard the conversation. "You gave Lucas cake after I specifically told you not to anymore?"

The seventeen year old awkwardly cleared his throat as he avoided both women's eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Olivia shook her head in disappointment. "You're despicable. And you had the nerve to accuse me of spoiling him."

"He said it'd be his last then he'd go to sleep," James tried to reason. "What was a suppose to do? Not give it to him?"

"Yes!" Olivia and Euphemia told him simultaneously.

"Well, at least we know who'll be the strict parent," Lily commented.

"Can we open the presents now?" Lucas whined, having enough of the adults' conversation. "Please?"

Olivia was truly becoming amazed with how much has changed in Lucas' personality, further proof what a healthy home does to a child.

"Alright," Olivia allows him. "you can open two right now, but to save the rest for tonight so you can still open some when Kat gets here later."

Truth be told, the Christmas tree was full of presents for Lucas. There were big and small, toys and books, and basically everything Fleamont, Euphemia, James and Olivia thought he would like. They made sure his first Christmas with his first, real family was perfect.

Lucas, as expected, grabbed the biggest one and quickly unwrapped it to show a custom made, top of the line broomstick, one that was obviously from James.

Lucas' face was in pure awe as he traced the elegantly hand carved words on the handle. Lucas W. Potter.

However, as soon as he was able to recover from his surprise, he was quick to throw himself at James for a tight hug. "Thank you!"

James chuckled as he hugged the boy back just as tight. "You're always welcome, Bambi."

"Enough with the heartfelt father and son moment," Sirius interrupted a with a smile on his face. "Open this next."