#30 - Small Red Box

It was all about Rosé's life. Jennie was trying really hard for her recovery. One thing Jennie knew, Rosé was now fighting for her own life. Fighting for a part of love in her life, Jennie. As one of Rosé's dream was she could be with Jennie as much as she could. To be the one who can take care and love Jennie with all her heart.

Jennie looked at a man who wears white doctor suit in the distance. Lucky her, it was Doctor Lee again who was the doctor night guard on that day. She didn't want to shout calling him as it was very late at night, but she was in a very emergency situation right now. She remembered the abnornal ringing sound from ventilator machine with strange movement of graphic lines on the monitor.

"DOCTOR LEE!!!" Jennie shouted to called his name. She was still running quickly towards Doctor Lee's office room. He was about to enter to his office room when Jennie was calling his name.

"Oh Miss Jennie Kim, what happened?" Doctor Lee asked. His face seem worried after looked at Jennie's face who looked exhausted, sweated and breathless because she just run far away from Room 301, which was very far from his office room.

"My hubby... Please save her Doc!! There is something strange coming from ventilator. The.. the sounds was not sounded normal like usual. It's keep ringing in very fast tempo and the graphics line looked so strange. Please do something right now, Doctor Lee!!!!" Jennie said. She was panicked and her voice sounded like she was about to cry. Her hands held both of Doctor Lee's arms. Doctor Lee was fully understood what Jennie meant with all of her explanations.

"Okay, please calm down Miss. Nurse! Please help me, carry all the equipments including defibrillator to arrange the patient's heartbeat. We need to make her heartbeat become normal first" Doctor Lee said in a quick command. He took out the stethoscope from his desk very quickly as it was an emergency situation.

Three of them, Jennie, Doctor Lee and the nurse ran in the hospital hallway back towards Room 301.

"Miss Jennie, sorry but who is the person whom you called as your hubby?!" Doctor Lee asked suddenly when he was walking in a rush, half ran towards the Rosé's patient room.

"That's Rosé, Doc. We calling each other as hubby wifey, that's our nickname to each other" Jennie said spontanious.

"I'll try to save your hubby, Miss Jennie. Come on, be quick! We don't have much time now!" Doctor Lee gave a command to the nurse and Jennie to keep running.

They all arrived in Room 301. The beep sounds sounded way much worrier than before.

First, Doctor Lee put his stethoscope on both of his ear quickly, when the nurse arranged and set the defibrillator to be attached on Rosé's chest. They both did all the needed procedures very quickly. Jennie sobbed hard still beside the bed in panic. Sometimes both of her hands made a shape to pray from deep in heart. But she couldn't control her feeling though.

"My hubby please! Be survive, please! O My God, please help me out..." Jennie said. She kept sobbing hard

Then Doctor Lee got ready to run both of defibrillators by attaching on Rosé's chest. Jennie looked at the graphic lines appeared on the ventilator monitor once in a while, which the graphic showed almost made straight lines again. Her sight was back and forth between Rosé and the monitor itself.

Jennie remembered a moment when suddenly Rosé hugged her from behind. At that time, Jennie stood on a balcony alone when all the members had an overseas trip in Thailand. It was a peaceful night around 11 pm.

"My wifey..." Rosé said. She put her hands around Jennie's stomach from behind very close in very comfortable position. Jennie stunned. Rosé put her chin on Jennie's right shoulder, closing her eyes.

Jennie was silent for a few seconds before she finally started to speak something.

"What happened, Rosie?"
"You don't respond me back by calling me "my hubby". I want to hear it from you, Jennie unnie"
"You should sleep now, my hubby. I think that's enough for you to hear"
"My wifey, please... I love you..." Rosé said.

Jennie put her own hand and held Rosé's hand which was still around Jennie's stomach.

"My hubby, you know... I love you too..."
"I'm glad you love me back..." Rosé said.

But at that time, Jennie's mind thought about something else. She felt like the love for Rosé was only a love that sisters have. But maybe, that sisterly love of Jennie's had was not enough sincere for Rosé, at that time.

Doctor Lee kept continuing the procedures with defibrillators while the nurse unbottoned Rosé's patient outfit. Then he put both of equipments on Rosé's chest.
"1,2,3... Run it!" Doctor Lee said. It made Rosé's body lifted in a very quick respond before finally fell down back to bed. This time, the sound from ventilator became scarier to hear than before.

*Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep*

"Again, 1,2,3!" Doctor Lee said again. Rosé's body was lifted again. Nothing respond from her. Both of her hands was thrown automatically to the side of safety bed pole. The nurse looked at the ventilator monitor again and many graphic lines started to make straight lines again after the graphics were in stable lines before.

"Try again, Doc!" nurse said.

"Come on Rosé...you can do it. Please survive for your wifey here!" Doctor Lee said. Then he tried to put both of defibrillators on Rosé's chest again.

Jennie held Rosé's left hand, she stood on the left side of bed.

"My hubby please!!" Jennie shouted in panic and hope.

"1,2,3!" Doctor Lee said again.

After a few seconds, the ventilator sounds said it all. Doctor Lee faced down to hide his sadness, he also looked exhausted. The sweat flew on his big forehead. This time he was failed in saving someone's life. Someone that belongs to Jennie only. At least, Rosé considered Jennie as the love of her life after Alice, her older sister.

"NOO!!! MY HUBBY ROSIE NOO!!! ....." Jennie shouted in cracking voice.

Jennie was burst into tears, inside and outside. Her life was really totally broken now into a very small pieces, to the smallest pieces that no one could repair her world again. She just found out Rosé was a real her world. A beautiful treasure that she should protect since the beginning of their encounter. All of her regret was totally useless and it was all became totally nothing.

Jennie hugged her hubby again very tightly. She really didn't want to separate with her. She kept sobbing very hard, the tears watered to all over her face skin. Her face looked red because of emotion that she holds so far. She had waited for Rosé for around one month or so, which now Rosé didn't make it through to the next chapter in her life.

Jennie was still hugging Rosé, for a long time with standing position from side of the bed. She drowned her face on Rosé's shoulder, sobbed hard still. She kissed Rosé's cute chipmunk's cheeks, left and right. Kissed her forehead, and her lips which looked a bit pale. She kept kissing Rosé for her very last time.

Doctor Lee touched Jennie's right shoulder.

"Miss Jennie Kim, I'm really sorry..."

Jennie didn't respond him. She kept hugging Rosé and sobbed hard still. She was really couldn't say anything. Her world was no longer exist. Doctor Lee took a breath.

"We found something on Rosé's jacket pocket and I think I should give it to you" Doctor Lee said. He took the thing out from his pocket.

Jennie turned her head away. She looked at a small red box on Doctor Lee's hand, which he showed it to Jennie. She grabbed it slowly with shaky hands. She couldn't believe yet if now Rosé had already died and Jennie was the witness of Rosé's last breath.

Jennie opened the small red box. There were 2 rings inside with something written: "hubby" on first ring, and "wifey" on second ring.

It made Jennie felt totally broken, again. Both of her foot became very weak and couldn't take it all anymore, for the rest of her life. She squeezed both of Doctor Lee's arms.

"MY HUBBY PLEASE COME BACK TO ME!! PLEASE BRING HER BACK TO MY LIFE AGAIN!!!!!" Jennie shouted with emotional tears while the nurse held Jennie's arms to calmed her down.

-------
To be continued