#35 - The Return

Jennie stared back at Rosé from the couch. They both looked in their eyes each other, for the very first time, again.

She smiled to Rosé with the tears in her eyes when the nurse was still curing her with some medical equipment. There were some bruises on her chubby cheeks, lips even her arms and foot due to attacked by the mysterious man who came an hour ago out of the blue.

"My wifey is hurt so much right now. Her face, her arms, those cute dumpling cheeks are in pain... If those bruises can be taken over to me, I'll take it all on me only just for her..." Rosé said in her mind. Then nurse two started to take out the ambu bag from her mouth and changed it with air hose attaching on both of her nose holes.

"Alright Miss Jennie Kim, we have to go now. Thank God Rosé is getting better now than before. She is just need some rest" Doctor Lee said.

"Doc, when she can back home?" Jennie asked in worried.

"I think tomorrow. As I can see her blood pressure is stable and has showed good development today. You know, hmm what can I say..." Doctor Lee held his own chin to thought for a moment.

"Wae Doc? What's wrong?" Jennie asked. She was curious.

"Just... Try to keep her happy, Miss Jennie Kim. It will effect to her blood pressure too. She is trying to survive for one month already and finally she could make it through, because of you, your prayers" Doctor Lee said.

Jennie surprised. She never thought that her efforts effects Rosé's recovery. She was speechless and felt a bit guilty.

"Ne... Doctor Lee. Thanks so much for all of your hard work. And to all of medical team. I'm so grateful" Jennie said.

Then Doctor Lee and nurses bowed to her and left.

After the door closed, Jennie couldn't take it anymore. She ran towards Rosé who was still lying helpless in bed. Finally, Jennie could see her hubby was back again to her life, after all this exhausting time to wait. She had waited for Rosé for one month already and it was totally enough for her. Enough.

Jennie hugged Rosé quickly with standing position. Both of them sobbed hard.

"My hubby.... You back again, finally you make it through... I'm so scared of losing you... I'm really scared..." Jennie said in cracking voice with both of her hands still hugged Rosé. Rosé tried to move both of her hands to hug Jennie, her wifey one and only but she was still feeling weak.

Rosé tried to speak something as she didn't use ambu bag again on her mouth, instead she used air hose that connected to both of her nose holes.

"Mm..my ww...wifey.... I'm back... I'm here... nn..now..." Rosé said. That was her very first words came out from her mouth after been in one month had long comma. Both of her hands finally can touched her wifey's back, wrapped on her back slowly when Jennie's right hand traced Rosé's waist inside her patient shirt. Jennie slipped her right hand and caressed Rosé's skin just to feel her alive body again, she missed her hubby very much. She attached and stroked her cheek against Rosé's cheek to felt Rosé's presence again. Rosé closed her eyes to feel Jennie's cheek skin on her face, with tears in her eyes.

When Jennie's right hand traced to Rosé's back inside her patient shirt, Rosé groaned.

"Aaahh..."

Jennie stopped her hand when her left cheek was still on Rosé's left cheek. Jennie didn't want to break her hug.

"Oh, I'm sorry... Is it still hurt?" Jennie asked.

"Yes..." Rosé answered in a slow voice.

Then Jennie attached her forehead to Rosé's forehead, their nose touched to each other, with both of her hands held Rosé's face. Rosé could feel her wifey's breath on her mouth. It was breathtaking to be felt for both of them, very emotional at the same time.

"I'm fucking miss you Rosie...Where did you go, my hubby? ...." Jennie asked with both of her hands held Rosé's cheeks still, as their forehead and nose were still attaching to each other. They both closed their eyes while keep talking in the nearest distance.

"I was in a peaceful and white place that I don't know, Jennie unnie..."

Jennie giggled.

"Yaah... I'm your unnie too, Rosie" Jennie smiled, without breaking her forehead attaching from Rosé.

Rosé smiled back again to her, she giggled in weak. Jennie could felt Rosé's breath blowed on her lips.

"I miss the feeling of this breath on my face... My hubby..." Jennie said in her mind. Both of her hands stroked Rosé's face slowly.

"And you never call me Rosé and always with Rosie" Rosé said.

"Who says that? I call your name with Rosé too but it's just very rarely" Jennie looked down at Rosé's face as Rosé kept hugging her back.

"I'm just kidding, my wifey..." Rosé smiled.

Jennie took a breath. She kept looking at Rosé face again. How she missed Rosé's opened eyes, that pointed nose, her cheeks, her thin lips, her beautiful very long blonde hair which sometimes Jennie was scared and tried to avoid Rosé's hair flipped from behind when they were dancing, singing on the stage. It was a funny moment to her though.

Rosé stroked Jennie's cheek with her right hand.

"Where are Lisa and Jisoo unnie?" Rosé asked.

"They're at work now. Dance practice and recording session. Today is the schedule" Jennie said with both of her hands hugged Rosé's body. She didn't want to separate with the blonde.

"Jinja? And you're absent today? How come?"

Jennie took a breath, again. She turned to be upset because if Jennie followed Lisa and Jisoo for practice and recording session, maybe Rosé was still in long comma or had killed by the mysterious man. Who knows about the bad possibilities? In addition, Jennie had a special ability to sense something before something happened.

"Aissshh my hubby! Why do you say that?! If I were not here with you then what's gonna happen with you?! Maybe you'll be still in long comma or you will......"

Jennie could not continue her words. She didn't able to say words like "die" or "passed away" or "gone". She was like hate of those words although there is nothing last forever in this world. In the end.

Jennie started to sobbing just in front of Rosé, without any sound. She felt scared again.

"Hey my wifey.... no please don't cry...." Rosé pulled Jennie's back closer into her hug. Jennie drowned her face on Rosé's chest. Rosé kissed her head.

"You know what, I'm so scared my hubby... I really am. Yesterday I had the worst dream in my life. That you left me, you're gone forever. You left me with all...guilty feeling was still there about you..." Jennie said again in cracking voice. She cried.

Rosé's eyes were tearing. She couldn't bear the feeling. It was the reality now. Jennie was like realizing about what had been happening so far about their connection.

"My wifey.... I'm so sorry for not coming back quickly. But here I am now, I'm back again. In your hug...and you're not in your dream now. It's reality now, Jennie unnie. I'm just in front of you now. You're not dreaming" Rosé said as she kept trying to make Jennie relief. After up and down that they both had passed through together, in different world.

Jennie looked up at Rose's face. They both were still sobbing. Rosé wiped the tears on Jennie's cheek by her right hand when Jennie closed her eyes, felt Rosé's smooth hand on her face.

Jennie kissed her hand and held it.

"We both finally did it... Thank God for making my hubby back to my life again..." Jennie said. She kissed Rosé's nose and forehead with slow kiss, then attached her forehead on Rosé again. They both could feel the breath on each other on their mouth.

"Please don't leave me, my hubby. Stay with me..." Jennie said again with both of her hand held Rosé's face.

"I will stay with you, my wifey. I won't go anywhere....." Rosé said when they both were still attaching their forehead and nose on each other, with eyes closed.

--------------

To be continued...