Meet Me in the Hallway

Hello readers, here is the chapter that I promised would publish in two weeks. Please try to keep up with the little time shots to the past and back to the present.

Edited by: ViviAllie. I love you. ❤❤

Enjoy! ________________________________________________________________________
Harry’s POV

Meet me in the middle,
Tell me something
That could change my mind
I couldn't let it be known,
This it is every time I refuse to say goodbye”

Flashback

I woke up with the most beautiful burn on my arse. The events of last night played in my head and my entire body felt on fire. I couldn’t have been happier.

But I was wrong. I was happier when I realised that Zayn had his arms secured around me and his face was nuzzled at the crook of my neck and the sweet murmuring against my skin tickled me.

The gash of his beard on my skin was my Heaven.

I felt so loved. I felt beautiful. I felt confident and wanted to stay awake as many hours possible. Most of all, I felt so wanted and cared for.

To think the man would love me so much and I’d had to remind myself over and over again that it wasn’t a dream and that Zayn was lying right next to me.

The little pain on my lower region set hundreds of butterflies loose in my belly.

I felt this intense rush throughout my entire body every time a glimpse of last night replayed and I just couldn’t help the stupid smile or the heated cheeks in the morning.

I didn’t want this moment to pass by. I chuckled when I realised that it’s almost noon. We both have been quite the sleep-in tag team even back when we were together.

Not much has changed... I wish...

Then my thoughts just flash across this certain blonde’s face with snarky comments. I wanted to puke when I realised perhaps that’s what she’s been doing with Zayn all these years.

Will Zayn leave me behind again after this? That too, for her? Was I just some good shag or some one-night affair?

I tried to stop myself from these pessimistic thoughts but these kept coming back over and over again. Then I remembered what he said when he came at my doorstep, “FOR YOU”

Been away for so long,
But I'm dying just to find out
What took you so long to come back around?
If I'd only been dreaming, you weren't always hiding
It took two to break us down,
Could you prove me wrong?
Well, I had to be strong
Could you prove me wrong?
Prove me wrong

It was for me that he came back here. It was I who felt him last night. It was me who he looked at as if I was the whole world. It definitely was me he kissed as if we were the only ones in the universe.

I almost felt his heart in my palm and I’m pretty sure it was me who made it beat frantically while his golden eyes looked into mine as if he found an ancient meaning. It was me who he made love to as if he meant it...

This time I couldn’t hold back the tears that I held back but I was so overwhelmed that I couldn’t help it. I found myself slipping away from his grip as stealthily as possible.
I remember how much he hates it when the cold tiles hit his foot.