chapter 38

Jihyo's POV

We quietly walk beside each other, the atmosphere here is really awkward. It's like two people who likes each other and they get pretty shy over it because of how close they are.

That's the mood of tonight, I'm very surprised she held up pretty good. I mean for sure she didn't drink 1 bottle of soju right?

I can't take it anymore, I'm talking to her..
"Aeri.." I said softly making sure that I won't choke on my own words because I am 100 percent shy right now.

I waited for her to reply, it's jind of taking her a while. So, I slowly look at her and when I did, I saw her already looking at me. More like starring at me.

I gulped and continued looking at her, I lost in her beautiful brown eyes again. I noticed how she cocked her eyebrows, and that's when I realized how long I stared at her.

"Err, uhm.. A-are you okay?" I said and averted my attention to somewhere else. "Yes, I'm perfectly fine. Why did you ask me all of a sudden?" She replied and I swear to God I almost died because of how soft she spoke.

I can feel her looking at me and gave me the chills, "No particular reasons, just wanted to check if you're okay or not." I swiftly said, fiddling with my fingers to stay calm.

She chuckled and uttered "Cute.." Gosh I'm basically a tomato right now. I have to calm my gay self down.

"Hmm, what room are you in again?" I tried my best not to react on what she had said, I feel so attacked by that response. "Same floor as you and the girls." She responded, I can tell she's tired.

After a little chatting, we finally made it to the hotel. Oppa headed in first because he's really tired, so Aeri and I decided to bond for a while. We stayed in her room so that we wouldn't disturb the girls.

"You can wait for me here, I'll just go get changed." She said taking her jacket off and tossing it on top of the table. I sat down on her bed and scanned her room, I didn't mean to do it but I eyed her. I watched her every movement.

And I admit, she changed a lot. She got fitter and taller, taller than Tzuyoda to be specific. I guess she properly took care of herself, I'm proud to see her running her own company at a very young age.

I kept watching her, but I tried not to be obvious. She finally went inside the bathroom, and that's when I settled in properly. I took off my jacket, dusted it off then neatly placing it beside me.

I layed down, did a little bit of stretching and soon after that my eyes felt tired and little did I know, I drifted to sleep.

~ 2:05 am ~

Aeri's POV

Finally finished cleaning myself up, It's pretty quiet. I went out of the bathroom and saw Jihyo laying down on my bed, she must have fallen asleep.

I slowly walked towards her and peeked a little, and yes I was right, she fell asleep. I quietly fixed the other side of the bed, I carried her then kneeled on top of the bed I slowly placed her down.

Just when I was about to retrieve my arms I lost my balance but luckily I got a hold of the bed frame. My face was only inches away from her's. Her features never changed, she's still that beautiful girl I used to love. Well up until now I still love her but I guess I have to eventually move on right?

I didn't realize it but I closed my eyes and I was slowly leaning in, not even taking my eyes off of her soft lips. Those lips I used to kiss every now and then, I missed her so much. When I was close enough to kissing her I suddenly heard a "Aeri.." My eyes widened.

I looked at her and she's so red, "What are you..doing?" She asked me and I can't even say a word, I'm so shy right now that I'm hoping that it's just a dream.

"I just..fixed your position so you can sleep well, I'll sleep at the sofa. Good night." I explained in a fast pace.

When I was about to stand up she pulled me by the collar of shirt and little did I know, Her lips crashed onto mine. I was shocked and didn't know if I should respond or not so I just froze there.

She slowly pulled away because she noticed that I wasn't responding. "I'm sorry, I should head back to our room." She pused me off of her and started to take her stuff, I was still in a state of shock from what happened earlier.

I was still processing things, until I heard the door slammed shut. I didn't hesitate to follow her.

"Jihyo." I calmly spoke, but she wouldn't look back so I just went for it. I stood in front of her, holding her hands. "Don't leave me.." I confessed.

She didn't bother responding, she just hugged me and started crying. I pulled away from our hug and cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears away with my thumbs.

"Don't cry anymore, it doesn't suit you." I joked which made her chuckle, I smiled at how cute she is. "I'm sorry for kissing you, Aeri." She uttered and looked down.

"Don't be sorry.." I responded, making her look up at me. "I missed you, you know that right?" I caressed her cheeks, letting her feel that everything is good between us. I received a nod from her.

"And I missed you too." She cheerfully said which made me feel so overwhelmed to the point that I couldn't stop myself from kissing her.

I, myself was shocked with my actions. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean t--" I didn't get to finish my apologies because I was stopped by a pair of soft lips.

She pulled away, "Jihyo, I'm--" I got interrupted again. "Just shut up and kiss me." And with that said, She kissed me again and I obediently obeyed her request.

I can feel her wrapping her arms around my neck, which means she's in her tip toes. I supported her by holding onto her waist.

After making out at the hallway, I asked her if she could sleep with me tonight and luckily, she agreed on it. The rest of the night was just us watching some movies and cuddling on bed.

We didn't leave each other's arms. We held hands, not wanting to separate because We don't want to get separated ever again.

I guess I can say that..

Yes, I still love her and I'm pretty sure I won't stop loving her.

I was paying attention to the movie very well, "Aeri?" She called and I looked down at her, I hummed in response not taking my eyes off of the movie and waited for her to speak.

"I love you."