четыре

четыре.  star crossed lovers
" background check "

SAT ALONE ON THE PLANE, like no different day when they were on field, was Valentizina

SAT ALONE ON THE PLANE, like no different day when they were on field, was Valentizina. She had been called in early in the morning by JJ for a case. She surely wasn't expecting it that early in the morning but there wasn't anything she could do about it. Her eyes were still closed, sitting on the seat, head facing up. She was listening to Hotch, barely, but she was listening to get some sort of information on why she was sitting on the plane, on the way to another state again.

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't growing tired of travelling from state to state all the time, but there wasn't much she could do about it. Besides, it was for the greater good, she had to remind herself constantly.

"Okay, we got new information on last night's victim. Alicia Jordan, 38. M.O is the same. He was waiting for her to get home, he broke in through the back - subdued her with a gun," JJ walked through the middle explaining the case to everyone. They all seemed to gather around apart from Valentizina who stayed sitting alone, avoiding Spencer Reid at all costs - which was impossible.

It had only occurred to her then that unlike herself, Spencer would definitely be finding every possible way to see Valentine because he actually felt something - while she believed that she didn't.

"Answering machine?" Hotch questioned, receiving a fast answer.

"Left a message about an hour or so ago. I can't imagine being taunted like that in my own house, you know?"

"Well the messages aren't taunts, they're overtures," Gideon explained, "I think we're ready, trust me... He's been sincere."

"Sounds like we're dealing with a power reassurance rapist," Derek informed them.

"To him the messages are courtships. He's introducing himself to the victims."

Replying to Spencer's comment was Hotch who nodded, looking at the images of the victims that they had received so far, "If that's the case, he must've stalked them to know so much about their lives."

"First victims were all college students, all religious... Why change?" Gideon wondered.

"Have the police found any connection between the latest victims?"

"No, nothing yet."

"We have to figure out what made him go off script."

•••

Valentizina was hot at the tail of a tall, muscular officer that led them towards the detective. Her heels had made the eyes of many snaps towards her, admiring the presence of the beautifully dangerous agent. Her slender, almond eyes looked over the station, making eye contact with those who looked at her, quirking her left brow smugly. All the sudden, Hotch and Gideon joined either side of the woman, both looking at her.