девять

девять. missing
" spencer's hiding something "

THE BAU TEAM sat impatiently around the briefing table

THE BAU TEAM sat impatiently around the briefing table. Their eyes flickered from each other, up to the clock, awaiting for the presence of one agent who they knew was never late. Valentizina. It was the next day after the redhead left Spencer, and the poor boy had to bite his tongue back from saying anything. That was all she wanted him to do - all that he could do for her. Just stay quiet. Act like he doesn't know anything. As if he wasn't the last person she saw before disappearing.

Spencer's fingers tapped rhythmically against the table, leg bouncing up and down. His eyes remained fixated on the case file in front of him, reading it over and over again but, as selfish as it sound, taking no interest in it. Aaron's hand extended out, eyes looking over the watch hands, reading the time to be ten minutes past nine. They couldn't waste this much time waiting anymore, making Aaron let out a deep breath, straightening himself up.

"We can't wait for her, we need to start."

"I don't get it, why's she not here? She'd call in if she was sick, right?" Emily questioned, furrowing her brows. Their heads turned to the raven-haired woman, sharing looks between each other. She would call in, and the fact that no one has seen her since yesterday worried them.

"She's not sick."

A voice from the doorway spoke, making them all turn to face the newly entered presence in the room. Penelope Garcia stops with a file hugged up to her chest, her eyes blinking a little more than they usually should. Her mouth was slightly open in an 'O' shape, not exactly knowing how to break the news to them.

Hotchner's head tilted, quirking a brow at the blonde.

"Valentine's resigned."

Her arm outstretched towards Hotch, offering him the file. But he found himself, along with others, simply sat still in question. Why would she resign? Their bodies remained as still as ice glaciers, yet melted at the sound of Aaron's chair scraping against the wooden ground. He pushed himself out the table, stepping up on his feet to make his way towards Penelope. He gripped the file, gently pulling it away from Penelope's weak grip and opened it, revealing a red stamp that imprinted the word 'RESIGNED'.

"Why didn't it go through me first? Where did she go?" Hotch furrowed his brows, shaking his head. He looked up at Penelope who gulped and nodded her head, looking over everyone.

"That's the thing. I can't find anything to do with her leaving because no one's actually seen her since yesterday. There's been no activity on her card, cellular device and security cameras in her house. She's gone, and I don't think she was the one who made the choice to resign."