пять

пять. life saver
" sad smile of happiness "

SEEING SPENCER THAT MORNING made Valentizina sigh

SEEING SPENCER THAT MORNING made Valentizina sigh. The regular chiming of the bells that sounded out from her pushing open the door turned the head of Spencer Reid and Daniel towards her. Yet her eyes were plastered onto her co-worker, giving him a certain look like a quirked left brow and lips tightly pressed in a line. A grin immediately spread upon his face, her head shaking at whatever comment he was going to make. Fortunately, on this Friday morning, the weather was rather warmer than it had been for several weeks which was strange, considering it was about to be the beginning of the winter season. Yet warm coffee could never be turned down when working in the BAU.

Spencer picked his coffee up, raising his brows at the redhead who made her way towards him step by step.

"Came for your favourite?" Daniel called out, Spencer looking between Valentizina and the worker.

"By favourite do we mean you or the coffee?" Spencer asked, tilting his head in an amused manner with a cheeky smile. The strawberry blonde rolled her eyes, hugging the case file closer to her chest.

"Ignore him. He's got jokes now, I don't know since when. Can I have the usual?"

"Anything for you."

Before Spencer could say anything, Valentizina shook her head and instead held out the file to him. The genius held back his comment and instead, carefully took the file, flicking it open to look through. It was the case from a few days ago that made Elle leave. Valentizina had, after the help of JJ with legal work, finally finished writing everything up for the case file.

"It's finished. Elle's left," Valentine sighed, leaning against the counter.

"You know," Spencer began, "I spoke to her that night. She was off. And I knew that but I didn't do anything. I knew something was wrong but I didn't do anything."

"Hey, pretty-boy," Valentine slightly kicking him in the ankle, making his scrunch his eyebrows together and look up at the redhead, "Don't blame yourself over it. It wasn't your fault that she left. It was for the better."

"But if I had told Gideon and Hotch then maybe the case would end differently. Maybe-"

"Spencer, stop."

Her abrupt words made him grow quiet, the redhead straightening herself up and taking the file from him, closing it before looking back up at him. He was obviously affected by Elle leaving. Because he couldn't help but blame himself. Because maybe Elle would still be here if he'd had just told Hotch to look after Elle. But Valentizina didn't see it that way.