шесть

шесть. all eyes on her
" you were the only one "

IT HAD BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE VALENTIZINA JOINED THE TEAM

IT HAD BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE VALENTIZINA JOINED THE TEAM. And apparently so, it had been a month since Elle left. To Valentine, her exit didn't really mean much - not to sound horrible. Yet she didn't find herself growing close with Elle at all. Especially since Valentine found herself meeting Elle during Elle's darkest state of mind, making her seem a little more annoying than usual.

But today, they finally had their night off after months of cases that drowned them. The dark sky outside was illuminated by the moonlight and stars, yet that wasn't the focus of the BAU. The flashing lights and singing of the local pub was. As Derek found himself dancing in the midst of many ladies - who were all interested in him, JJ was sitting alongside Valentizina. To JJ's surprise, Valentine was actually a lot more fun - especially since she had drinks intoxicating the redhead by the minute.

"Valentine!"

The loud yelp made Valentizina look up with furrowed brows at the excited, grinning blonde who immediately pulled up a chair beside the redhead, leaning back and pulling a smug facial expression. Yet the agent raised her brow at Penelope, tilting her head, still confused.

"Are you going to-"

"Guess who just scored you a date with Spencer?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Valentine spat out, slamming the bottle of beer against the table.

"Okay, not exactly, I'm exaggerating. But either way, I got Spencer to successfully admit his crush on you."

"You're lying."

"I am. He didn't exactly say, you know Spencer, but it was totally obvious. He stuttered when I asked him about you, got red and wanted to change the subject to statistics about crushes."

"Penelope," Valentine sighed, dropping the pen and throwing the blonde a look. Yet before she could say anything, Penelope's eyes widened, spotting someone walking over to them. The blonde immediately let out a little 'ooh' before jumping up and speed walking towards Derek instead, leaving the redhead to furrow her brows and look in the direction Penelope was before.

Her eyes fell upon Spencer who was walking in with a book in his hand and a takeout coffee from the coffee shop they always see each other at. He seemed extremely out of place in the bar, trying not to bump into the dancing people, simply trying to get past to get to JJ and Valentine. Yet the redhead noticed the cup, immediately calling out to the genius.

"Hey handsome, was Daniel there?"

Spencer immediately looked up from the book, at Valentine. He rolled his eyes with a smile, pointing the book at her.

"He was asking about you. Hey, you didn't tell me about your date with a guy named Peter," he furrowed his brows, finally taking a seat opposite of a drunken Valentine.

"And you and Daniel are discussing my love life why?" she questioned curiously, knitting her brows together.

"For starters, Peter's only like 5'8". That's quite short. I'm actually surprised that-"

"Spencer, you need to stop running background checks on everyone I talk to."

"Safety precautions."

"And how about that blonde you made out with in the pool a month ago, huh?"

Spencer's eyes widened, making Valentizina immediately grin and point at him, "Oh yeah!" she sang out, "I know about that! Derek told me all about it! Smooching all night long while you were-"

"All night long? You're blowing this out of-"

Valentizina let out a laugh as he crossed his arms, standing over the redhead.

Suddenly, it seemed as if all of her team had found a way to look at the redhead in question, listening to the laughter that sounded of magic and angels. Smiles stretched across the faces of the members of the BAU, yet it was Derek that had strolled over in a swaggering manner, his arm linked with Penelope and a smirk on his face.

"Valentine, are you laughing?"

Valentizina raised her brow with an amused smirk, "Sorry, I just can't fight back my smile muscles. The alcohol is winning."

"Oh yeah, and what action have you been getting Alianovna," Derek joked

"That's not safe for work," she retorted, crossing her arms with a smirk and a glimmer in her green eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm still trying to process her smiling," JJ commented, earning a playful slap on the shoulder from a smirking redhead. But Derek looked at JJ, his finger pointing in the direction of Spencer.

"Courtesy of Spencer," Derek informed JJ who chuckled and continued to sip on the bottle of bear in her hand.

"I shouldn't be surprised."

"We're still here," Spencer raised his brows.

"Oh we know," they all said at once, apart from Valentizina and Spencer who looked at each other surprised and back at them. Yet the redhead shrugged, hopping off of the seat and holding her hand out to JJ and Penelope, raising a brow.

"Care to dance, ladies?"

"You do make us swoon," JJ joked with the redhead who smirked, amused and linked her arm with her. Penelope grinned, linking her arm with Valentizina's other arm, all the girls throwing Derek and Spencer a look before walking towards the dance floor.

"You know, Spencer," Derek breathed, wrapping his arm around the boy's shoulder, smirking as he watched Valentizina dance with the two blondes, "I've saw about 7 other guys in this room eye her up in the last 5 minutes. So if you don't hurry up and make a move, they'll beat you to it."

"We don't like each other like that."

"Speak for yourself, but you were the only one she had eyes on tonight."

•••

Just a small, filler chapter will a bit of a soft BAU moment. thas allllll 🌫🕊