Fear Alongside Changes. (Joker/Arthur Fleck x Reader)

Hi guys!
This is the 2019 Joker.
You're his friend, (his longtime crush) undergoing the changes of him turning into the Joker.

Enjoy!

~***~

"Remember, my dear, call me Joker."

That was the change. Arthur- or now, Joker, was now someone different. Someone completely new. Someone that seemed to know every-single detail about you, but when it came to yourself, you're completely clueless of who they were supposed to be.

Did you hate him for it?

Ofcourse not. You, like anygood friend, accepted his change. His unexpected change. The Arthur Fleck you knew was shy and sweetly innocent. But him-

He was cocky and smirky.

Ever since the 3 deaths on the subway, which you didn't have a clue about!, Arthur hasn't exactly been- Arthur.

You wanted to rap your head around it. You had to. It was- just going to be a little hard. Arthur also knew this. He knew you wouldn't be able to handle this sudden change. So, he wanted to help you out.

The only person he wanted hurting you during this period is yourself. He would simply snap someone else's neck if they said something, totally ruining your bond with him. They could say something that'll completely change your mind about him. Your relationship was on a steady line right now, unlike how it used to be.

Any-little thing that he or you could say could utterly break everything.

And that thought haunted The Joker.

He couldn't imagine a life without you. He just couldn't. Hell, the only reason when he woke up in the mornings was you. When you'd help him when kids would beat him and then destroy his belongs and his boss would be totally furious with him. When you'd help him during the grieving process with his mother.

Everything.

And he absolutely cherishes you for it.

You were the only person in this city who cared for him. You were his sunshine.

His everything.

Who's gonna take that away from him?

Surprisingly, Joker could visit you tonight. You were gonna stay up and watch a couple of movies.

It was around 8ish, and he knocked on the door. "Hey, Y/N."

The green haired man was in his iconic outfit but makeup was not seen. Instead, the cosmetics were inside his brown bag. He had business to attend to.

"Hi. Make yourself at home." Y/N stated, until her eyes locked with his supplies. "Was that?"

The Joker grinned. "Ah, just for later, my dear."

She bit her lips in annoyance. "So you have a deadline? A curfew?"

"Whenever you fall asleep. Which, knowing you, won't be soon." He said being cocky back. It was hard for her, he kept reminding himself.