Proud. (Joker/Arthur Fleck x Reader)

WAAA IM SO SORRUY FOR THE SPAM
Once again, 2019 Joker.
òwò~
~***~

Y/N's pockets were currently filled with the warmth of her (skin coloured) hands that was dug deeply in the depths of the fabric. She was content with her fresh new job of being a police officer.

It made her smile of remembering the good she's doing in the dark depths of Gotham. Maybe she could inspire others with her good deeds. Maybe make someone smile while waking up in the mornings now.

More positive thoughts like that ravished her head, making Y/N somehow feel even more content.

A certain male was on her mind. She knew he'll still be awake, perhaps even arriving home now from the show he just appeared on. You see, Y/N was great, even best, friends with the one and only Arthur Fleck. He was recently asked to be interviewed for his act at a standup show that caught the eyes of Murray. Murray Franklin.

Y/N attended that standup show and felt proud that her friend was up there, achieving the dream he felt so inspired to grasp. There she was, supporting him with whatever support he needed.

But when he informed her about the phonecall he received from Murray, she couldn't help but feel he was getting picked on by the man. Nevertheless, not wanting to get his hopes down or hurt any feelings, she stayed proud of him, making sure she'd get tickets for the show.

But.

That wasn't the plan.

Y/N had to work extratime, making the possibility of Y/N attending that show perish. Arthur was totally fine with it, maybe even pleased with the idea of her not coming. But that broke Y/N's heart that she couldn't see his performance.

She was still on her way walking home, feeling totally, for once, safe on the streets. She had weapons that could protect her from anything coming her way, which Arthur could rest at ease at night. Until a flash of red caught her eye.

The girls eyes flicked to the site and noticed the sounds coming from the area. She wanted to investigate. She needed to.

Grabbing out her gun, she quickly sped walked over to whatever the hell was happening. It was too small to be a city related event, but to big to be a protest.

Or that's what she thought.

Her eyes came in contact with the whole street being utter chaos. Cars were smashed into each other with people everywhere smashing into each other. The only thing Y/N could clearly recognize was the things they were wearing.

They seemed to be wearing clown masks. This was due to the murder of 3 men on a subway. Apparently, the man who committed the crime was dressed as a clown. This caused riot through the city, making people standup and protest for the murders deed.

Her eyes flickered to the sites that were unraveling right infront of her. So much chaos.

But, a certain man stood out from the rest.

There he was, waltzing and dancing around ontop of a car's roof. He had built an entire army of clowns. Clowns that would do his bidding and could probably destroy all of Gotham if he pleased.

"Look! A cop! Get her!"

Two men charged at Y/N, their masks slowly jumping up and down at the movement of their feet. Y/N headed closer to the man who was dancing, hoping to hide within the lot of people surrounding him, almost as if they were cheering him on, encouraging his actions.

Her eyes made motion with a mask that was littered on the ground. She swiftly picked it up, masking herself to blend in within the crowd.

"Where'd they go?"

"Over here?"

The two clowns darted off into another area of the protest. Y/N's lungs produced a large sigh of relief. She decided to rest for a moment. Until the noise she heard with her two ears played.

A laugh, she presumed, had just been freely exited out of someone's mouth. That laugh, that damned laugh was so familiar that Y/N made the connection instantly.

"Arthur!"

The man that was dancing on the cars now completely stopped his frolicking. He stayed completely still as if he had just been caught sneaking out. His body turned to your exact location.

Through all the screaming, he could really hear well.

Y/N marched herself towards the car, pushing the citizens of Gotham out of her way. She was going to get down to the bottom of whatever the fuck this was. As she pushed her way through, she also pushed away another thing in her way. This thing was the idea that Arthur had started all of this.

It was odd, a huge stretch, but that feeling that Y/N couldn't shrug off was there. That he started all of this. Her feet jumped ontop of the car, balancing his and her weight evenly. Her eyes burned with an angry passion. Something Arthur wasn't going to forget for weeks.

He wore a formal outfit. The blood red coat and the green shirt underneath made him look charming if it wasn't for the blood seeping through both clothing items he wore.

"Ah! Y/N, my dear!~" He praised, waltzing towards you, aiming for your hands. She wanted to back away in disgust, but the cold hard ground she would've landed on stopped her from doing so.

Instead, she jerked back, ashamed to be touched by him. "Arthur. What the fuck are you doing- and hell- can you tell me what's going on?!" She stressfully yelled.

Arthur couldn't help chuckle at how stressed you were. "Isn't it lovely?" He pondered. "The chaos. It's just so.. beautiful." He said while snaking an arm around you waist, making sure you don't fall and because he wanted to feel you close to him.

"No. It's horrible." You moaned in disgusted.

"Aww. I thought you'd like it. Afterall, this was all my hard work. Aren't you proud of me, dearie? Because I'm certainly proud of you. You're a big girl officer now, and Daddy Joker is proud. Oh so very, very proud." 'Joker' purred, the grip of his hands pushing your waist closer and closer to him.

Both of your faces were mere inches apart, the strong panting of both hitting the both of theirs necks. She shook her head, trying not to get flustered but instead keeping her original mood.

" 'Joker?' Arthur, what the hell has gotten into you?" The (hair colour) whispered to herself. But, the green haired man heard, grinning in satisfaction of you using his new name.

"Just look. This is what I deserve- hell- this is what you deserve. You deserve an army that's willing to do your bidding at any moment. You're just such an innocent woman Y/N. But, innocence needs to be protected. And that's what I'm here for." He playfully slurped in your ear, leaning forward each word.

A sudden whelm of tiredness came flushing over you. You couldn't tell if it was the long nights you've been having, or all the emotional stress that has just occurred in about the span of 15 minutes.

Y/N felt her legs go weak. She felt her face go pale in nerves. "A-Arthur.." she mumbled silently before falling into his strong grip.

"D'aww. She just couldn't handle herself." The man with makeup mumbled while caressing her cheek. "It's alright, my doll. Joker will protect you now.~"

Arthur jumped off the car and happily walked home with his beautiful love in his hands.

Nothing was going to get inbetween him and her. He'd personally make sure of that.

His eyes kept scanning your pretty little face, and the thought of you being left alone to fend for yourself kept replaying in his mind, making him shiver in discomfort.

This city was an absolute hellhole. He couldn't get his princess getting caught within its wreck, now could he?~

~***~
I'm so fukckiknghn aH
TIRED
HOPEUFLYH I can FUCKING SLEEP OK NGHGJ
May make a part 2 heehoo <3