Kitten. (Joker/Arthur Fleck x Reader)

surprisingly, not a cursed image heehoo ^
Hi guys!
I may be addicted to Arthur Fleck. He babey.
Once again, 2019 Joker.
~***~

Tick, tock.

That clock. That damn clock was getting on Y/N's utter nerves. It was making her anxiety worse than it already was. The sound of the hands continuing to tick and tock made her absolutely fearful but also angry.

Although she despised it so, her eyes scanned the object. It read the time.

5:30.

5 more minutes.

She felt herself nibbling on her bottom lip.

Meeew.

Her hands tightened the grip on her knees, making her knuckles turn white. Why- why would she do that. She knew he was going to get mad. You see, Y/N being a clueless, innocent (age) girl who couldn't even afford to give herself meals everynight decided that it would be a great idea to adopt a cat.

Well, not really adopt per-say. More finding them on the streets and feeling bad for it, thinking of scenarios like, oh! But what if I was in that position!, and then remembering karma and the good luck she'll have.

So, she took the smaller animal into her a-humble home.

It was a kitten. It was small, maybe a little less average than the normal kitten. The most recognizable feature was the huge dot located on one of its eye.

"Shh, Spot, shh."

And, Y/N named it Spot.

The kitten squeaked again in protest but stayed silent. He, for that is what Y/N assumed, could be found in a box with some holes poked in the side. There was water, some treats and a piece of ribbon that has been now freshly chewed in the corner.

The clock seemed to be somehow louder than before, making Y/N now jump at the sound. She was nervous, extremely worried.

There was- one more reason.

Arthur.

Ever since his new persona has well- shown itself, he's been completely different. But, nevertheless, he loved Y/N with all his heart. But boy, that was an understatement. He absolutely adores you. He smothers you with all his undying love, he takes care of you because in his eyes, you're totally and utterly innocent.

He one-hundred percent believes you cannot fend for yourself. Not at all. And, he's going to be the person who protects you through this uncaring world. Your knight in shining armor-

or in this case

Your knight in a red overcoat.

As if on cue, your knight in a red overcoat waltzed in, his hands lazily dancing to the non existent music. "Hello, hello, my dear!~"

His hands intertwined with yours, almost dragging your smaller figure into his bigger one. Usually, Y/N would chuckle at his childlike antics, even giving in and joining him.

But not today.

No, Y/N stood there, almost completely stiff because of fear. She snapped out of it, reminding herself she needed to act normal.

"H-hi!" She greeted back stuttering and choking out the word.

His makeup was smudged all around his face, desperately needing a repaint or to be totally wiped off. "What's wrong darling, cat got your tongue?~" Joker said smirking amusingly. But he wasn't an idiot.