•Chapter Sixteen•

Ȋ̵̢̢̨̪͇̱̭̱̩̫̈̐͋̍̋̆̚͝z̵̛̫̫͚̪̏͌̏͜͝͝ú̴̗̙̙̙͐͐ḱ̵̘̞̯̬͗̈́̈́̌͜ͅǘ̶̪͉͓ M̵͙̙̯̄́i̴̡̠͋̈͑̒̐̐̀̔̑͝d̸͚̬͕͈̘̽̄̉̀̌̉͗̇̕̕o̵̭͌̈́̉̆͝r̸͙̅͂ͅį̴̥͆̈́y̷̧̧͓͔̣̤̽͗̾̓͑̋͌͐́͜a̸͎͙̞̹̤̣̘̯͉̬̐̎̓̓͋̒ ? POV

I awoke to the sound of screaming, the wretched sound of pain ringing through the room. My eyes took a second to adjust to the dark surroundings. I try to move but I feel shackles chaining me to a wall. I was confused. I couldn't remember why I was here.

Then, I saw them. Kirishima and Bakugou. They were also strapped to the wall. They were the ones from which the constant sound of torture came from.

Why? Why are we here? What happened to the plan? Kurogiri? He lied? He put us in the situation.

I'm chained and have to watch my enemies and allies before me. Dabi used his flames and other methods to torture Bakugou. Kirishima tried to keep his screams trapped in his throat, but they would leak through anyway. Bakugou kept his mouth shut, saying profanities at Dabi and mumblings useless threats. Toga plunges her knife into Kirishima's body, twisted and pulling the skin. My enemies and my allies stood before me.

Which was which? Which side I'm I on? I don't know. I don't want to choose. I don't want to be apart of this! I hate this! I hate them! I hate both sides! I don't want to choose! I don't hate anyone! Why! Hate them! Choose! My eyes felt heavy, but my mind fell into a deep turmoil, glutted with questions and uncertain answers.

I felt my head sink, though, the world around me still continued on. I could hear everything. I don't care. I have too much on my mind. I don't like being here. I'm I supposed to be here? It doesn't feel right. I felt my body go limp. Gray engulfing my entire being. The world went dark and soon I was floating in total darkness.

How long have I been floating? Minutes? Hours? Days? Years? I...I don't know.

This must be my quirk. I close my eyes, when they open I am in a different room.

I hear a voice. Kurogiri. "I thought I wanted to win more than anything, but I can feel myself rotting away in a world where we don't belong." Kurogiri said before attempting to leave.

I pull my hand up and a molten mixture of rocks and fire pierce Kurogiri's back, a sharp inhale following.

No! I scream and protest and try to move my arm, but it won't budge. Kurogiri falls to the floor and a another man drags him away.

No! Bring him back! He-why-Why is this happening? I look back at my hand and I feel my mouth move involuntarily.

"It wasn't so quiet before, Ȋ̵̢̢̨̪͇̱̭̱̩̫̈̐͋̍̋̆̚͝z̵̛̫̫͚̪̏͌̏͜͝͝ú̴̗̙̙̙͐͐ḱ̵̘̞̯̬͗̈́̈́̌͜ͅǘ̶̪͉͓."

I didn't say that. This isn't me. It's my quirk. Breath. This isn't my mind. It's- it has to be Master.

I fall deeper into an unknown mind and start at the very beginning.

The truth.

THE TRUTH POV-

The beginning.

It was a mission. Izuku had done plenty of missions before.

He was cold. He was merciless. He was a pure villain. No empathy. No guilt. A killer. He fit in pretty well with everyone else. Toga. Dabi. Tomura. Kurogiri. Muscular. Mustard. Magne. Mr. Compress. And of course, his father. All for One.

His mother died when he was a boy. Six, to be exact. When his father found out, he stole the boy away from the world and trained him. Izuku had such a special and unique gift. The ability to create fire from emotions. The ability to control those emotions.