An Unexpected Protector

The early morning rays of the next day tickled Izuku's face. His nose twitched, and slowly emeralds cracked open, feeling surrounded by warmth.

Raising one hand to rub his eyes, Izuku looked up to see patches of green leaves through the window above him. Bright and beautiful sunlight was streaming through the gaps in the leaves. There was even melodious chirping from the birds.

Um . . . Where was he?

Lowering his gaze to scan his surroundings, he was surprised to see that he was sleeping in a car. With a real nice-looking interior, he noted, and were those leather seats? Wow.

He tried to sit up, only to to feel held in place. Izuku looked down to see arms holding him down. To be exact, those arms around him . . . belonged to Bakugou Katsuki!

What. The. HELL?!

Izuku frantically shot up and ended up smacking his head on the car's roof hard. That did not help his impending hangover headache in the slightest, the Omega gritting his teeth as he hissed in pain.

Himself . . . Bakugou Katsuki . . . in a car . . . alone together?

Damn it, what happened last night? Why was he stuck in a situation like this the moment he woke up? It was hard not to jump to conclusions after seeing the scene before him!

"What are you thinking?"

Izuku bit his lip anxiously, his mind in a mess as it scrambled and chased after possibilties that danced just teasingly out of reach, and answered subconsciously:

"I'm wondering whether I and Lord Explosion Murder did 'that' last night . . . I don't think so, but under those circumstances it's clearly possible that it could've happened . . . and I was drunk, but I can't remember what happened and—"

"Lord Explosion Murder . . . doing 'that'...? If that was the case, do you really think that you'd still have the energy to jump around and let your imagination run wild the next morning?" From the man's voice, Izuku could tell that he was gnashing his teeth as he spoke, just barely holding back his rage.

"AAAH?!"

It wasn't until this moment did Izuku realize that Bakugou Katsuki was wide awake. He was so surprised that he jumped up and almost hit his head again. Luckily for him, Bakugou was prepared and swiftly used his hand to protect his veridian curls. Izuku stared at him, wide-eyed.

"Mr . . . Mr Bakugou..."

"Say my name." The ash blond stared him down.

Izuku would call him Mr Bakugou when he was trying to distance himself, and sometimes called him Master Bakugou when he was scared of him. The Alpha didn't like what he was trying to do.

"Mr Ka-Katsuki?"

"No." He glowered. "Try again."

"Ka—" The Omega gulped nervously, "Kacchan?"

He immediately slapped a hand over his mouth after that slipped out, looking back at the taller in horror. What . . . was that? Did he really just—?

Oh no. He was gonna die for real this time, wasn't he? He was gonna die, gonna die, gonnadieee

Izuku squeezed his eyes shut and waited, but nothing happened. He cautiously cracked one open to see the other watching him with amusement dancing in his lively ruby eyes.

He wondered if it was his hyper-active imagination at work again, but it seemed like something about Bakugou Katsuki had changed overnight . . . Or maybe he should say that it wasn't Ba-Kacchan who had changed, but rather that he had hidden it too well, and Izuku still had yet to find out about Alpha's true self.