An Unexpected Surprise

A/N: This week's art is by @Anezkalove ~! I love Deku's outfit, especially his shoes! (˃ᴗ˂)

By the time Izuku returned to the Bakugou residence, he was actually an hour earlier than he had informed the Alpha. When he entered the living room, Bakugou was just as he left him—still lounging on the sofa, looking as if he hadn't even budged at all in Izuku's absence.

Izuku didn't think much of it, asking immediately, "Kacchan, I'm back! Did Katsumi wake up?"

"No, he's still sleeping."

"Ohh, that's good. I'm going up to check on him!" He was about to head up the stairs when Bakugou spoke up to stop him.

"Hold on."

"Ah, what's up?"

"...Where did you go?"

For some reason, Izuku felt that the ash-blond's mood wasn't quite right. His tone was calm and even, yet it felt like there was something dark lurking beneath the surface.

The Omega instinctively sensed the danger and stalled for a moment, responding seconds later hesitantly, "Um, I just went out to settle some personal matters, that's all. Everything's already been settled, so I'll be going upstairs first!"

He tried to slip away right after he finished speaking, when suddenly his sleeve was caught hold of by something. A second later, Izuku was caught off guard by a strong force that pulled him to fall onto the sofa. More accurately, he fell into Bakugou's arms.

Izuku became flustered, but what startled him even more was what followed after that.

"K-Kacchan! Y-You, w-what are you doing? Where are your hands going?!"

The Alpha ignored him and continued to pat the greenette down. His hands landed dangerously upon an object tucked behind the waistband of his pants. Izuku's eyes flashed in alarm. He wanted to stop him, but it was already too late. The weapon hidden within his clothes appeared in the ash-blond's hands in an instant.

Bakugou tossed the gun onto the coffee table in front of them. The usual exceedingly gentle demeanor he usually showed Izuku had become distant and unsmiling as he backed off. He spat out grimly, "Explain."

Izuku's ears burned, feeling like a naughty pup caught being disobedient. He fiddled with his fingers, looking at everything and anything but those glowering, accusing eyes, and tried to laugh it off, "Um, it's just a fake gun! A toy I bought to play around with, ehehe..."

"...Does a toy need a silencer?"

Bakugou picked up the gun, screwed on the muffler, and fired it at a small, unassuming vase sitting at the very edge of the fireplace.

The vase instantly shattered upon impact.

The calm facade Izuku fought with all his might to keep on his face also shattered—just like that vase...

The air was dead silent.

After a long moment, Izuku swallowed audibly with great difficulty and tried to change the topic by running his mouth off, "...Ahaha, your shooting skills are amazing, Kacchan! Really, really amazing! But, um, that vase must've been pretty expensive, right...?"

Bakugou finally dropped his gaze. "If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to."

"But..." Izuku's head drooped downwards in a disheartened manner. "But you look like you're going to throw me out if I don't tell you anything... You're not being fair at all, Kacchan..."

Other than confessing everything, did he even have any other choice?

The Omega sighed, and could only begin to explain the sequence of events to him. "Remember how I told you that something went wrong with my prop, and I accidentally hurt Itsuki? Right now, the props master is insisting on saying that I bribed him to mess with the props. If he sticks to his statement, it won't just be my career that will be ruined, but I might even have to go to jail!"