Chapter 1

AN: I hope you guys enjoy the story! 

Vi's POV

First day. It is going to be a great day.

I sigh deeply and turn to my older brother who is sitting on my couch and say 'How do I look? Cute? Casual? A good mix?'

Aaron chuckles at me and says 'You look great sis don't worry you are going to kill it.  It is just one year of high school you will be fine.'

I smile at him and glance at my watch and say 'Crap I am going to be late! I can't do that on the first day of school. I will talk to you after I get home! Love you and good luck on your first day at the FBI!'

I give Aaron a quick hug and run out of our shared condo. I hear him call out 'Good luck and be careful!'

 I roll my eyes even though he can't see me and continue running out of our building. 

My brother is 25 and became my legal guardian as soon as he turned 18. Let's just say our parents were rather unsavory. 

I quickly walk to the bus stop and barely make it onto the bus and scan my pass before plugging in my earbuds and take a seat toward the back of the bus. 

 Two awesome songs later and I am getting off the bus and walking toward the entrance of the school. 

I reach the entrance and I am looking up at the name of the school. National City High School. Before I could keep walking someone accidentally bumped into me knock both of us over and onto the ground. 

I rub my head and the person who landed on top of me stands quickly and offers me a hand up. 

I look up and see a girl that had medium length blonde hair and piercing green eyes. She was so pale she could be a vampire. 

I take her hand and she helps me up before saying 'I am so sorry, about that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I am Lana'

I chuckle and say 'No worries I probably shouldn't have stopped where I did. I am Vi. Nice to meet you' 

A brunette girl walks up to us and says 'Lana it is the first day are you already making enemies.' 

The girl glares at the brunette and says 'No Dani. I am actually making friends. This is Vi. And I have never met her before so I am guessing she is new to town.' 

I smile at Lana and the girl I assume is Dani and say 'I am new. I just moved here from the Bay area in California with my older brother Aaron.' 

Lana- Ohhh cool I really want to visit California when I am older. Is it really cool there?

Vi- It is but it gets boring after living there your whole life. 

Dani hums in agreement and says 'That is what it is like for me here' 

Lana glances at her watch and says 'Look the bell is going to ring soon so let's show you where the office so they can give you your schedule.'  

I nod and follow the two girls into the building and toward the office. 

We walk into the office and up to the secretary. 

Lana- Hi Mrs. Tan this is a new student can we have her schedule. We are going to show her around. 

Mrs. Tan- Of course, what is your name young lady?

I give her a smile and say 'Vi Gomez' 

Mrs. Tan- Well Mrs. Gomez welcome to National City high. Here is your schedule and you have these two to show you around. I hope you guys have a good first day.