Chapter 8

AN: Thank you for reading I love you all! So if you have read any of my other books/ my earliest (first) book was written and it has to be one of my favorite story ideas up into this point (This story is my favorite rn) but that isn't the point. The point is that the main character in the story was one of my first characters that I created and will always have a special place in my heart. Recently one of my amazing friends asked for inspiration for her amazing artwork. I asked if she wanted to draw my characters and she agreed! This is the first draft and please show some love and appreciation for her amazing work! I will post her final work when she is done but as you know art takes time! But shout out to my amazing friend Piper!

AN p2: I just realized I have written 8 chapters and not given you a physical description of Vi and I apologize for that. You will be getting one in this chapter! 

Vi's POV

2 week later

I set my backpack down and flop on my bed with a flop and a large sigh. Aaron was still on the clock at the DEO but we got off around 20 minutes ago. 

Ms. Reid was strict but she is very smart and even though she can be a pain she is still teaching us a lot more than I learned at regular school. 

On top of regular schooling, we have training every day except Fridays which, thankfully, we have off. Monday and Wednesday we have hand to hand combat training and the other two days we have training with our powers. 

Hand to hand combat days are the worst. All the others have had some previous training and I knew nothing besides how to throw a half-decent right hook which is all my brother taught me. 

I sit up and hold my hand in front of me and summon fire into my palm. We haven't found anything on what caused me to get these powers or who attacked us but I have confidence we will soon. 

Even after just two weeks, I have gotten much better control over the flames. I haven't spontaneously combusted in over 4 days! 

I have to keep my emotions in check all the time but it is a price I am willing to pay to keep my friends and family safe. 

Control is becoming easier every day, I feel this strong connection to the flames like I was meant to have the powers or something. It is hard to explain. 

I hear a beep from my computer. I stand and open up my laptop to a dark screen. 

In green text contrasting against the all-black background. 

'You are one of the chosen' 

3rd person POV

This text is not Vi's screen saver so out of confusion, she mutters a 'What?' out loud to her self. 

To her surprise, the computer responds with more text under the original sentence. 

'You are one of the chosen four' 

Vi- What is that supposed to mean? 

'If you want to know more about your powers come to this location at 10 pm' 

A set of coordinates pop up under the text and the screen returns to the normal showing Vi's screensaver that is a photo of their friend group after a training session but the Coordinates stay in the middle of the screen. 

Vi's POV

If you want to know more? Can they really tell me more? How did they know I had powers? How did they do that to my computer? 

I just have more questions. I know it isn't smart to go but I have supergirl on speed dial and literal superpowers. I will be fine. 

I smile to my self and say 'Final decision! I am going to wherever those coordinates are and I will just tell Aaron I was at Lana's if I am not home before him. ' 

Maybe I can finally get some answers about these powers. 

I glance at the clock and see that it is 8:45 pm. I look up the coordinates on the map and see that it is only about 3 miles away. It takes about 20 minutes on a bike which is my mode of transportation, so I have a little less than an hour before I have to leave. 

I decide to hop a quick shower. 

20 minutes later I am out of the shower. My naturally tan skin looks good with most colors, thank everything for good Latina genetics, so I just grab a random red shirt and a pair of worn-out jeans with my combat boots. I am not very tall so the boots give me a couple of extra inches nothing crazy. I but my medium length brown hair into a loose french braid and walk to the garage and grab my bike. By then it was 9:35 so I had plenty of time to get to the spot. 

I quickly check and see that it is an abandoned warehouse. Hmmm, that is a little sketch but it will be fine. 

*******time skip********

I lock my bike to a chain-link fence and walk into the warehouse. 

Vi- Hello? Anyone here? 

It was abandoned with cardboard boxes and metal shelves spread out everywhere. Half the windows were broken or cracked slightly. 

I spin quickly and ignite my powers in my hands as I hear someone say 'Are you the person with the answers?' 

There in front of me is a tall dirty with blue eyes and a scowl on her face. I see her eyes glow and water form around her fists in reaction to my flames. She is a couple of inches taller than me and slightly skinnier but looked to be around my age. 

Vi- Excuse me?

Girl- Do you have the answers?

Vi- What answers?

Girl- I will take that as I no. Who are you?

Vi- Why do you want to know?

I see her give me a once over and her eyes seem to widen slightly before she stands down and stops using her powers. 

Girl- Well I want to know because it seems we are in the same perdica-

Before she could finish her statement a small brunette boy throws the doors to the warehouse open and waltz in with a bright smile. He couldn't be much older than 15. I turn my powers off for the time being but I stay on guard. 

Boy- Howdy! You guys have the answers I am looking for?

'No. I am looking for answers and the blonde is looking for answers as well. Why are you here?' He links his hands and rests them behind his head and I see a tattoo that matches the one I have on my collarbone. I quickly say 'Where did you get that tattoo?'

His eyes widen and he quickly puts his arms down hiding it before saying 'That's none of your business!' 

The blonde butts in and says 'Actually it is because both of us have that same tattoo and if you guys got it the same way I did then it is all of our business's' while pointing at herself then me. 

The boy's eyes widen and he says 'Do you have earth powers also?' 

I raise an eyebrow at the boy and the blonde says 'No I have water powers and I believe she has fire powers' 

I laugh and say 'Now we just need air.' 

'I am right here' a tall redheaded woman walks in and joins our small circle. 'Did you all get a message about getting answers.' We all nod. 'And we all have these tattoos?' She raises her shirt to show us her tattoo that was just above her hip we nod again all showing our tattoos. 'And we all have different elemental powers' 

'And you all work for us' 

'MOM!!!???????????' 

ANDDDD Blackout Stay tuned for act two coming soon! 

That wasn't actually act one and this isn't a play or meant to be a play in any sense I just love theater and I found out I am assistant directing the musical at my school so I am very excited! Thank you for reading and I apologize for the cliff hanger! hehhehehehe not really I love cliff hangers.