Chapter 14

AN: Thanks for 500 reads! I am sorry if the last chapter didn't really make sense! I am trying really hard to slow-burn this story but it isn't working really well because I want to develop characters and further the story while still having fluff and cute moments. 

Lana's POV

Dani, Vi, and I are sitting in a booth at a pizza restaurant waiting for Emmet and Opal. Serena couldn't make it because she had to help her parents do some chores. 

Dani- You guys excited to eat?

I was seated next to my best friend in the booth and Vi was across from us. 

Vi- Heck yah!! All the training we have been doing has worked up a major appetite. 

Lana- Agreed! I think I am gonna eat a whole pizza by my self!

Since I meet Opal, Emmet, Serena, and Vi started to kinda drift away from our group but we still try and hang out all together every once in a while. 

Because of their training and their powers, they are getting closer. 

I am happy that Vi is finding her crowd but I miss her sometimes. 

Dani must have sensed my sadness because she reaches into my lap and squeezes my hand. 

I turn and look at her in surprise but she just gives me a warm reassuring smile.

My mom (Kara) walks back to the table with Emmet, Opal, and my Mama (Lena to clarify) close behind. They each had a large pizza in hand. One was cheese, another vegetarian, and the last was sausage. 

My moms decided after all our hard work they wanted to treat us to some yummy pizza. 

Everyone takes a seat. Opal and Emmet were next to Vi in that order and my mom was next to me with my mama at the end of the booth seated in a chair. 

My Mom and I both dig into slices as the others laugh and slowly start eating their slices. 

Vi's POV

Lana and Kara eat a whole pizza by themselves and everyone else had between 2-5 slices. 

We are just sitting around talking and I faintly hear the doorbell ring as someone opens it. 

I pay no attention until a woman in her late 40s walks up to our table and clears her throat. 

Lena turns to the woman and says 'Can we help you?' 

Woman- Yes. I am here to pick up Emily.

We all look at each other confused by the woman and Kara says 'I am sorry but no one by that name is at this table.' 

'Yes, she is. Emily let's go.' The woman says as she looks at Emmet. 

I look at the boy who is glancing at his hands and looking smaller than normal, which is saying something considering the boy is already on the small side. 

Vi- I am sorry but as we said before no one by that name is at this table. 

The woman rolls her eyes and says 'Fine. But indulging her is not the right thing to do. 'Emmet'' She says with air quotes and an eye roll. 'Let's go' 

The boy looks small and shriveled as he stands and walks next to the woman. 

Opal stands and grabs Emmet's arm preventing him from walking anymore. The woman turns and looks at Emmet to see why he stopped. 

Opal- Before I even consider letting one of my friends walk out with a person we don't know you should introduce yourself. 

Emmet- Opal it is fine. Guys this is my mom, Jennifer, mom these are my friends, Dani, Lana, Opal, Vi, and Lana's parents Kara and Lena Danvers-Luthor. 

Jennifer- Nice to meet you all know let's go, Emily. 

Kara stops the pair once again and says 'Why does Emmet' putting an emphasis on the name 'have to leave so soon. We were gonna get ice cream after pizza.' 

'I won't be able to pick her up later and I need to get home to cook dinner for Emily' The woman says back with more emphasis on the name 'and her father.' 

Lena stands and says 'You can go home. Kara and I will make sure HE gets home safe.' 

They have a stair down but Lena is one of the most intimidating people you will ever meet. She deals with scary intimidating businessmen on a daily basis and doesn't back down against them so she won't be intimidated by this woman. 

Eventually, Emmet's mom backs off and writes their address quickly on a napkin before handing it to Lena and walking out. 

Kara has a blank look on her face and says 'Emmet take a seat.' 

He scratches the back of his neck and hesitates for a second but does as told. Probably thrown off by who serious the normally cheery woman was being.

Lena sits as Emmet does. 

Vi- So. 

Emmet- Look I get it if you don't want to be my friend anymore. I don't know if we can get rid of these powers but we can try and transfer them to someone else and I will leave you alone. 

Opal- Not a chance in hell we are going to let you leave our group. You are stuck with us now. But first please explain so we know the full story

Emmet sighs and says 'Okay so technically, well genetically, I am a girl. But I was a boy born in a girl's body. My mom is very conservative and when I told her she flipped out. I cut my hair without telling her and she grounded me for a month and refuses to call me by my name. She keeps calling me by my dead name. I saved my money for a long time to be able to buy a binder and I have been saving for top surgery when I turn 18 but it is really expensive so it is gonna take me a while before I can afford it. I just wear the binder most days and the other days I wear big hoodies to hide my boobs, well most days I do that anyway so it hides my figure. It was nice when I meet you guys because you only knew me as Emmet, not Emily' he says the name with so much hatred before continuing 'you treated me as a guy but also as a human being. It felt amazing and I love you all so much for all you do for me. You don't know how much it means to someone who is transgender just to be seen how you want to be seen' 

I see Opal grab his hand and give it a squeeze and I say 'We love you no matter what Emmet. You could be an elephant for all I care and you would still be our best friend' 

Emmet looks up at Lana and Dani to see their reaction. 

Dani nods in agreement with Lana as she says 'Emmet, Vi is right, you are our friend and nothing will change that.' 

Emmet turns to Kara and Lena and says 'What about you? Are you okay with this?' 

Kara smiles at the boy and says 'Lena and I will support you no matter what. And we knew since you came to the DEO. When Alex gave everyone a physical she noticed but told us not to mention it to anyone. Alex didn't even tell Emmet that she knew he was trans.' 

Emmet- Then why did she tell you?

Lena- Well you did mention that your parents weren't supportive of you and that you were planning on saving for top surgery but it would take a while because it is expensive. 

Emmet- Yah so?

Lena- Well you are aware that I am a millionaire right?

Emmet- Yah so?

Kara- Well the reason Alex told us was she wanted to convince us to help her pay for your top surgery. 

Emmet's eyes widen and he says 'I couldn't possibly let you do that! It is tens of thousands of dollars!'

Lena giggles and says 'Again millionaire' while gesturing at your self. 'And this isn't up for discussion. If you are having top surgery we are paying for it' Lena grabs Kara's hand and continues 'Kara and I already agreed and you can't try and talk us out of it.' 

Emmet's eyes go wide and they fill with tears as he says 'Alright but it is okay if you end up changing your mind' as Opal pulls him into a bone-crushing hug. After a couple of seconds and as laughs continue around the table I pull them both into a hug even though Opal is taller than me and it was a little awkward but it still felt amazing and right.