Chapter 19

AN: I am sorry for the inactivity it is finals week right now for me and I have been stressing about my tests so I haven't had much time to write. Also, it is a pretty short chapter so I am sorry

Also if this story reaches 1.5K I will do a face reveal and or a chapter where I interact with the characters from this story your choice. 

Vi's POV

I hear some movement and shuffling in the middle of Opal and I's shared room. 

I sit up out of bed and use my powers as a light source. The dim light my flames provides me just enough light to see Opal walking out of the room. 

I narrow eyes at the door that the girl walked through just a second ago. 

I stand up quickly and grab my hoodie and phone and follow after her. 

I don't know why she is out at this time so I don't alert her of my presence just yet and follow close behind. 

I pull up my hood and over my face as I follow behind her at about 30 feet. 

She stops and I hide behind a nearby corner while glancing around to see her check all around here before using her powers to fly onto a nearby roof. 

I decide to keep walking so I don't look suspicious to her but still, keep my hood up. It is cold outside so I use my powers on a very low level and warm my body lightly. 

I glance up and to my right and see Opal slinking along the rooftops. To my knowledge, she hasn't noticed me yet.

Under my breath, I say 'Where are you going, Opal?' 

I continue following her until she stops in a random spot on top of the apartment building she was on. 

I walk around the back of the building as I pull my hood lower. 

When I am around the back I use my powers to boost me up to the fire escape. 

The ladder takes me to the roof and I see Opal with her back to me as she squats low hiding below the lip of the roof and peering over it. 

I walk onto the roof and slowly approach her but before I can get even within ten feet of the girl I suddenly can't breathe. 

My eyes widen for a brief second before shutting along with my mouth as I am surrounded by water.

I quickly raise the temperature of my body and the area around me to try and turn the water to mist quickly. 

Before I could make the water into mist it disappeared around me. 

I look up to see Opal in front of me with a worried look on her face. 

Opal- Vi what the hell are you doing here! 

Vi- I could ask the same thing of you! Why are you awake at 2 in the morning and why are you out of the hotel room at this time! And really? Water prison isn't that a little extreme?

Opal had learned water prison about a weak ago and it is almost impossible for a person to get out of and it is a painful death when you get stuck in it. Opal is the only one who could break it. I have tried since she learned it to get out and so have Serena and Emmet but none of us have been able to. We always run out of air before we are able to. 

Opal rolls her eyes and says 'Vi. It is 2 in the morning I thought you were someone trying to kill me. I didn't think you, Serena, or Emmet were awake so-' 

'Yeah, whatever.' I say while standing up, heating my body to dry my clothes, and walking to the roof edge before continuing by saying 'Opal what are you doing up here.' 

Opal walks up next to me and says 'You see that building across the way it is a bank. And the only bank in town. It has been robbed many times, and it was at night each time so I thought I should come keep watch and see if the robbers show up.'

Vi- Why rob the same bank multiple times. It increases your chance of getting caught and it makes no sense. 

 Opal- That is what I thought and it is also why I am here. I want answers that we clearly aren't going to get from the sheriff without revealing that we are superheroes trying to help. 

Vi- Well I am going to keep you company. 

Opal nods and says 'Well get comfy it is going to be a long night.