Chapter 18

Last time

3rd Person POV

We walk up to an old saloon type place with old Harley's in front of it.

Sheriff- That is true and welcome to Shorty's. 

Before the whole group could even make it into the establishment the Sheriff is tackled in a hug forcing her to take a couple of steps back. 

Reid- Hey Hannah you don't say hi to me after all this time? 

The girl's head shifts up and her hug attack shifts to the doctor of the group. 

Emmet- Okay who is this and Ms. Reid how do you know her?

A short brunette walks out of the backroom and says 'Wow hun you dragged in a crowd who are these people?' 

Sheriff- I ran into this group in downtown. The bikers heard something from them that pissed them off because they were about to start a fight. I intervened and they asked where shorty's was and here we are. 

The overly cheery brunette says 'Okay so introductions? I will start. I am Waverly Earp.' 

Serena- As in Wyatt Earp the gunslinger?

Waverly- Yep I am his some amount of great-grandchild. Who are you?

Serena- I am Serena. 

The girl called Hannah by Ms. Reid speaks up and says 'That's all your giving us?' when Serena nods while sipping tea the girl shrugs and says 'Well alrighty then. I am Hannah Earp' 

Emmet- As in?

Hannah- Yep. Waverly is one of my mom's. 

Opal- One of?

Waverly- You got a problem with us being gay? 

Nia- Not at all. I am Nia Nall. 

Hannah- As in the famous Catco reporter Nia Nall?

Nia- Yes ma'am. 

The introductions continue and all that is left is Kara and Ms. Reid. 

Waverly turns to Ms. Reid and says 'You know our daughter. Mind if I ask how and who you are.' 

With a smile, the doc says 'I am Dr. Stacy Reid. I did a lecture at a couple of different state colleges on Behavioral analysis and Hannah attended a couple of the smaller ones and asked me questions and we became friends. 

Sheriff (Nicole)- You seem rather young to be a doctor. You can't be much older than Hannah her self. 

The doc nods and says 'We are the same age. Well, I am a couple of months older but that isn't relevant.'

Nicole- Exactly my point how in the world did you get a doctorate at your age. I mean you are only 22?

Stacy- I graduated high school at 13. College at 16 and my first Ph.D. at 18. The other Ph.D. came soon after. 

Waverly- You must really be smart then. 

Kara chuckles and says 'A photographic memory does help.' 

Waverly- I don't think I caught your name. You seem familiar have we met before?

Kara gives the woman her normal warm smile and says 'We haven't but you may know me or my wife. I am Kara Danvers-Luthor.' 

Hannah- The CEO of Catco? What are you doing in our small town?

Serena- That is exactly what your mom said. 

Kara- I am here to write a story on small-town crimes and the good doctor said she knew someone out here where the robberies were happening so we thought we should come check it out. 

Waverly- You guys just landed. Do you want me to whip up some food for you? We aren't really open yet but you guys are friends with Hannah so we can make an exception. 

The group nods and orders a big pizza for everyone. Waverly walks into the backroom to get working on it. 

Vi turns to the Sheriff and says 'Okay coper give us the details on the robberies.' 

Sheriff- I am sorry but that is confidential for now. We don't want the press tipping off the suspect that we are onto them. 

Kara- Fair enough, but you will let us know when you can give out any details. 

Sheriff- Of course. I have to go meet up with one of my deputies at the crime scene. Off the record, it is two blocks down and three blocks north from there. If they ask how you found out it this conversation didn't happen.' With a wink at the group, she grabs her hat and walks out of the building. 

Opal- You have a wonderful mother Hannah. 

Waverly walks into the room and says 'Make that two wonderful mothers' with a playful glare at Opal before setting the Pizza's down in front of us.

The group has watering mouths as they dig into the delicious cheese pizza.