CHAPTER TWO

Barry Allen had not found his doppelganger.

It had been a total of two weeks and there was no sign of anything that could lead him to this person. Every police case that even seemed the slightest bit off that was left unsolved, he dug through; but he couldn't find a single thing. Whoever was able to take his form was smart, very smart. They were cautious too, maybe even scared.

What Barry didn't know, was that every time Alex changed into him, she would get all of his thoughts. Alex knew everything about his searching, more importantly, she knew what his next move always was. It wasn't often that she used his speed in worry of getting caught by him, but when she did, she was more careful then she ever was.

Knowing about what they did to the other metahumans - that's what they called people like her - how they locked them up, that's the sole reason that she was as cautious as she was. Being locked up was not a big priority of hers, especially because she never technically did anything wrong. Alex knew she wasn't on Santa's nice list, but she wasn't exactly going to hell for what she'd done.

However, her luck would run out eventually and she knew that she would be caught. And once Alex would be caught she wouldn't be let go. Barry would do everything that he possibly could to make sure she didn't get out again. As far as he knew, she was dangerous. Everything was a game for Alex. She took joy of messing with people's lives, and only felt guilty if they were severely hurt. There was a small piece of her heart that wasn't soiled.

The one place she would never feel guilty was on the streets. Her lack of job had one flaw: a lack of money. So, she earned it by racing and white lies. At an early age, Alex was intrigued by cars. Her father loved them, and ironically, her brother despised anything that was related to talk about the innards of a vehicle.

In her late teenage years was when she first started racing. It was a dangerous world for anyone, especially a girl her age, and one as pretty as her. But Alex toughened up out there, she became an expert at racing and eventually rolled in enough cash to live comfortably in her apartment. Everyone on that side of town knew her, and she had enough confidence to say that she was one of the best in Central City.

But being the best didn't mean that you didn't get caught. And that's exactly what happened to Alex. The unfortunate night that she was to race, the cops showed up and busted them. She, along with the few others that didn't make it out before they were surrounded got brought into the CCPD.

The whole way there Alex grumbled in the backseat. It wasn't the first time she had been caught in the back of a cop car, and it most likely wouldn't be the last. After her mother left, Alex got herself in trouble on multiple occasions. Her father, at first thought it was because she wanted attention that she would never get again from her mom, but after months he realized it was out of anger.

All the anger she had bundled up was released with her only getting in trouble. It wasn't until university that she finally started to clean up her act. Unfortunately one small event changed everything for her and she fell into the pit all over again. Her old ways were like scars that wouldn't disappear.

Alex Holt was harshly grabbed from the back seat and brought through the CCPD. As the officer holding her paused to talk to captain Singh, she looked around. A certain person walking down the stairs caught her eye, and after a brief second of eye contact she winked. There was a smirk on her face as she watched him stand there in shock.

The weeks that she had spent to avoid the speedster were wasted, but she didn't care. Alex knew there was nothing he could do while she was in the precinct, she was safe there.

He knew instantly. The second that he made eye contact with her and saw that stupid smug smirk on her face Barry knew that he found the person he had been searching for weeks for. He recognized her as well, she was the girl that had ran into him at Jitters that same day. The two incidences didn't even match in his head until that moment.