CHAPTER SEVEN

"So how'd it go?"

Alex had followed Barry and Oliver to wherever they were going to do whatever they were decided to accomplish. However, she didn't barge in, as much as she wanted to, but she remained outside and leaning against Oliver's motorcycle. She could hear from inside the warehouse that they were definitely fighting. There must have been some sort of bet that was going on to see who would win in a fight; that or the two really hated each other.

They spent a long time in there and Alex was beginning to think that it might have been smarter to just take the train with Cisco and Caitlin. There was also the point of the two trying to convince her that she should stay and help fight alongside Barry. Of course the answer would still be no, but that didn't mean that she didn't enjoy having their company.

Alexandra forgot what it was like to not be alone. She had been alone for so long, the only people that she really talked to were Wally, the people that she raced with, and the extremely rare phone call from her brother, Dylan. With the new addition of the employees at S.T.A.R. Labs, she felt more normal – even though everything they did was anything but normal.

Caitlin was kind to her, she was from the beginning, and Alex appreciated that. Cisco was much the same, although more hesitant ever since she threw him into that wall. Even though it wasn't her fault, and she had apologized, well as much of an apology as he expected, he still flinched a little whenever she reached towards him. Dr. Wells was the only one who didn't want Alex on the team, he believed her to be poison for Barry.

"What are you doing here?" Barry scrunched his eyebrows together. He and Oliver were both covered in bruises as well as droplets of blood specking their faces. Alex could have sworn that there was a hole in Barry's suit that resembled one an arrow would make. They were in rough shape, although both grinning like their team won the championship football game.

"Decided to stick around so you wouldn't have to ride the train alone," Alex shrugged her shoulders. Barry was much better than she thought he'd be, though he did seem to have a stick up his ass all the time. "And I wanted to see who was going to win."

The men looked between each other, one hiding a smirk while the other glared. They weren't going to tell her and she knew it already. Alex sighed, "It was worth a shot."

Oliver said his goodbyes to the two. Barry was big on hugs so it was no surprise when he pulled Oliver in. However, what did shock them was when he offered up a handshake to Alex. She accepted it, and although he squeezed her hand with all his muscle, she squeezed back just as hard (thankfully it was her good hand). It was a wordless threat that if she told anyone his identity he would find her and he would kill her with no remorse.

The tires squealed on the pavement as he drove away. There was a noticeable smell of burning rubber and the city's distinct scent in the air. They were on the outskirts of Starling, but they could see the thousands of lights lit up. Alex loved driving outside the city and watching from above.

About a mile and half after you pass the 'Welcome to Central City' sign, there was an abandoned over pass. A few years back it was supposed to be built to make the trip to Coast City shorter. Unfortunately there was a giant storm that wrecked the thing and they didn't have the money to get construction back up and running. Until they did get it back up, it was the place for teenagers to hookup and rebels to spray paint the whole thing.

But for Alex it was her quiet place where she could go to think.

She spent a lot of time up there when she was twenty. Hours upon hours were taken up just watching the city move during the day. The sunset there was beautiful, she could understand why the teens went up there. It was such a spectacular view in every direction you looked. A majority of the time it was pretty quiet, at least on week days.